6. The black cat

It's been a couple of weeks...

I've been here for weeks.

And, I can now, wholeheartedly, confirm that all this was definitely not a dream.

Unless I'm in a coma. But who knows?

I've explored this huge mansion that I lived in. Every room, bathroom, kitchen, random bedrooms, basement, roof, EVERYTHING.

I'll say that people in this world have got some... interesting taste in decor.

But I'm not saying it's bad, it's just different from what I had.

Different and a WHOLE lot more then what I had in my past life.

"Atleast they have these spinning chairs." I said spinning around in the chair I was in.

After all my exploring, I was so-

BORED!

Out of all the places I could have gone after death, why did it have to be somewhere where there's NO technology whatsoever?!

There's nothing here that's even considered techy.

I need a phone, computer, TV!

... I'll never get to finish playing little nightmares, and I had just gotten that game after avoiding spoilers online for months.

Can you blame me for wanting some sort of technology here? I mean, I was a programmer. Technology is my thing.

"What luck." I sighed.

I finally stood up from the chair and walked over to my bedroom window.

I lifted it up to let in fresh air. A cool breeze hit my face.

If I was in coma, would I still be able to feel that?

I looked out to the huge garden. The garden I arrived here from. The one I was now banned from going to unless I had someone with me.

I thought the beast or whatever was gone, so wasn't it now safe to go out again?

I've already explored inside, might as well explore the outside. To get familiar with my now new home.

I closed the window and ran to peak outside my bedroom door.

There was no one around, I'm sure no one will notice if I was gone just for a few minutes.

I quickly ran out of bedroom and I reached the long flight of stairs going down.

"Ahh..." It would take FOREVER to get down with this body.

I was in the body of a 9 year old Julie. With my time spent here, I realised Julie gets tired way to quickly. She was to weak. But I can't say much since she's only 9.

An idea popped up in my hand.

I looked at the smooth railing that was used to hold onto for support. It was wide enough for me to slide down on.

I think I'd be able to slide down safety without falling off and breaking a bone or something.

Plus, I saw this in a video game once.

I took my chances and sat on the railing feet first.

"Hope this works." I took a deep breath in and pushed myself forward.

I slid down at a much faster speed than I thought I would go at.

I almost lost my balance, but managed to jump off at the end of the stairs.

My heart was racing. That was...

"So much fun!" I exclaimed. Definitely was going to do that again later.