Chapter 4: Under Siege

Charlie entered the surveillance room and saw Aria and Atticus on the monitors.

"Where were you?" Atticus asked as he and Aria turned around, "Probably looking for Hayley." Aria added as she flicked her hair in Charlie's face and turned back.

Aria knew that he wasn't in the bathroom - it was obvious but she didn't have the energy to pursue a proper answer, not right now at least. "We got the space shuttle." She said as she pointed to a big blue space shuttle, leaving New Vaticus. It looked like it would only be able to accommodate a few people.

"The guy's name's Luca," Charlie said to them, shocking Atticus. "I remember."

Atticus froze. "You knew this?"

"You could have told us earlier! Let's go find some information about him." Aria nodded and followed Atticus as she took Charlie's hand and pulled him along.

They were about to leave the room when a loud siren started, it was an emergency. Over the speakers, you could hear someone saying something about getting to your ships. Atticus was too focused on what the siren meant. They walked back to the entrance but were blocked by an unbelievable amount of soldiers walking in. What was going on?

"We should get to the Nutcracker," Charlie mumbled while the space station wobbled, pushing them against the wall.

"No! We need to find out more about Luca!" Atticus argued. He didn't like how Charlie only cared about his survival and never Julie's. He's defense was if we don't save ourselves, nobody would save Julie. The Space station wobbled again, pushing them against another wall. It felt like something was banging against the space station but what would possibly be so big?

"I think Charlie's right," Aria said, struggling to get out of the corridor. Just as they were about to reach the Nutcracker, the power went out, which stopped the doors from opening.

Charlie was looking through another window with his mouth open. The sight was not one that would be forgotten. Since the power went out, ULE officers in the cargo bay were getting sucked into space. The bright blue barrier was made of electricity and now that it was gone, it was chaos. People were screaming, holding onto anything that they could. He could do nothing but watch as hundreds of innocent people were vacuumed into space.

"Can you help?" Atticus yelled to Charlie as he was trying to open the door. He looked at Charlie who was just staring through the window and yelled at him again, but thanks to Aria's quick witted mind,she thought of an idea. She her her palm together and then slowly separated them, a spark of lightning generating in between. Then, she threw the lightning bolt towards the door.

The three of them ran through the door and ran towards the Nutcracker. Ships were leaving and the siren was still ringing. Officers were running to ships and abandoning the station, and there seemed to be a fire spreading across the hangar.

Charlie ran straight to the wheel and took it, Aria sitting next to him and Atticus behind. He pulled the lever and slowly drove out of the space station. While leaving the scene, Aria looked back and saw about 30 ships twice the size of the Nutcracker, shooting missiles at the Space station. That was the cause of the evacuation. Ships were scattered, all of them trying to escape from the situation.

While Charlie drove them out of there, the second half of the station exploded and soon, the rest of the station followed. "Who did that?" Atticus asked, his eyes wide. None of them wanted to stick around to find out, "Where to now?"

Charlie gave atticus a defiant look. "I remember learning something in high school, an ancient prophecy about a rogue prince who had something to do with wind," Charlie lied. "It was called the...Suncryphon, same thing Hayley told us."