Chapter 23

Jungkook smiled looking at his parents who are bricking by holding ice cream on their both hands. This is his family, his happiness. He shouldn't spoil the expectations of his family, after all they are working hard for him, for his happiness. If Eunwoo is the one, his family chooses for him. Then Eunwoo. "Dad.. mom..", he called them softly and he continued when he got both of their attention. "I.. I am okay with this marriage. You can ask them to come next friday.", Jungkook said. "Jungkook. It's not a rush. Take your time and decide.", his dad said. "No dad. I am fine with it. I know you will give me the best.", Jungkook smiled widely. "I know my son will not do anything which will ruin our happiness. Eunwoo is the best. We will live as a family.", his mom's eyes shined with happiness. "Yes.", Jungkook smiled widely. "Do you want to go home or spend some more time here?", his dad asked as he fixed his posture more comfortably on the bench. "After some time.", Jungkook said and resumed eating his ice cream sitting in the middle of his family.

~
In other parts of the city, "Tae. Mom said you are rarely eating. You even skipped the dinner. Don't get lost in files and business. You will be stressed and worn out.", Mr Kim said looking at his son who is stiring the soup. "Mm. Some files need some more attention, dad. That's why. Don't worry. I am eating well.", he smiled. His dad hummed. "Eat some more meat, Tae.", his mom served some more meat in his plate. "No mom. I am actually full.", he said keeping the chopstick aside. "But.. but you didn't finished it.", his mom was worried. "I am full already. I had a sandwich before leaving the office.", Taehyung said and stood up. "Good night mom. Good night dad.", he said and walked to his room. He took his phone out and login to his Instagram and checked Jimin's profile, but was taken back, when he found Jimin deleted that photo. Taehyung locked his phone and kept aside and closed his eyes only to see that bunny smile again.

~
Unlike other days, Jungkook woke up early the next day. He stepped out of the room and went down to the kitchen. "Omo? Is it lunch time already?", his mom asked seeing Jungkook in the kitchen. "Mom please. I came to help you.", he said. "Help? What happened to you? Are you not feeling, well?", his mom touched his forehead. "Please. Ahh. I thought to be a good boy. But you don't want that.", Jungkook sulked. "You are already a good boy, Jungkook. And if you really want to help me. Then, make that egg omlet.", she said. Jungkook nodded and helped her. "Yeah. Okay. Okay. We are fine with it.", Jungkook and his mom looked towards the kitchen entrance when he saw a smiling Jeon. "They will be ten members. They asked if they could do the ring exchange on the same day.", Jungkook's hold on the spatule tightened. "But. It will be a rush, right? We haven't prepared anything. Then?", Mrs Jeon asked. "No issue. Let's do it a small function. Just family. They will also be just family.", Mr Jeon said. "Mm. Then, it's fine. Who all are we calling?", Mrs Jeon asked. "From my side, I will inform hyung. And your nuna and Jin will be there. Let's call Jimin's family as well. And Jungkook, do you have anyone else to call?", Mr Jeon asked. "Ah? Mm. No, o..only Jimin.", Jungkook said and flipped the egg. "You will come on Thursday night, right?", Mrs Jeon asked. Jungkook nodded. "Mm. Then let's do and purchase a dress for him today. Otherwise, when will he get time.", Mrs Jeon said. "Okay. Let's go after breakfast.", Mr Jeon said. "Move aside. I will do it quickly. You go and get ready.", his mom took the spatula from his hand before pushing him out of the kitchen.

Jungkook went to the room with a quicken heartbeart. Engagement means he is really going to get married. Do he really wanted this? He closed his eyes and breath in and breath out. Yes, he wanted this. This is what he wanted. After all it's the best decision he could make. Jungkook went to the washroom and took a shower and dressed himself in a pretty sweat shirt and a pants. He did his hair and makeup litely before going downstairs. "Call and check if Jimin is free. We can take him as well.", he heard his mom so he called Jimin and informed him and he said he will also tagged alone.

After having breakfast, the family along with Jimin went to a designer shop to purchase an engagement dress for Jungkook. "That.. that one. Red. It will look good on you.", his mom said pointing at a red suit to the staff, who took it and gave to Jungkook. Jungkook went inside and wore it and came outside. "Good. But I think that navy blue will suit him more.", His dad said pointing other suit. Jungkook again went to the trail room and changed the outfit to blue suit and came. "Mm. It looks great.", all three gave thumbs up to Jungkook, who smiled in return and went inside to change back to his own clothes. He came out and handed it over to staff to pack it and his parents went to pay for it. "Are.. are you okay with it?", Jimin asked. "Yes, Jimin. I am.", Jungkook smiled. "Ta.. Taehyung?", he whispered. "It's was a crush. And I don't think there is life in whatever we had. To be honest, we never had anything. Maybe one month of fooling around.", Jungkook said smiling. "Mm. Taehyung was not a good influence, Jungkook. Thank God. You are saved.", Jimin said. "Kids. Come. Let's go and purchase ring and other things.", they both walked to his parents and went to next shop to purchase a ring.

"This will look great, right?", Mrs Jeon asked taking a neck chain set. "Mm. Yeah.", Mr Jeon said as she wore it around Jungkook's neck. "Good. It will match with that suit. Let's pack this.", his mom said to the staff giving the neck chain, ring and earring. After three hours of purchasing, they went to a restaurant and had their lunch before going home.

By evening as usual, Jungkook packed his bag to go back to hostel with Jimin. "Come back on Thursday. Don't be so late.", Mrs Jeon kissed his forehead who smiled brightly and sat on the car. "Drive safe, Jimina.", Mr Jeon said, who nodded in return. "Bye. Mom and dad.", Jungkook said waving at them. "Bye mom and uncle. See you on thrusday.", Jimin said and the duo drive off to hostel.

"You seems off.", Jimin said looking at Jungkook's side profile. "Ah. It's nothing. Because of the shopping. We have a tiring day, right.", Jungkook said. "You.. you are okay with this marriage, right?", Jimin asked. "Oh, Jimin. I am sure about this marriage. Jimin, it's not like I am in love with anyone. Also parents comes first for me. I am happy with whatever decision they take.", Jungkook said. "But yesterday you said.", Jimin looked at his face again before fixing it on road. "Mm. Yesterday I was speaking about my feelings, Jimin. As I said, Taehyung is my first love? Not love, right. May be crush? May be infatuation? I don't know. To be honest, I didn't have enough time to understand and feel what it was. I thought we would be falling in love day by day. But no. Everything started and ended fast. So, I am planning to leave it as it is. After all, thankfully nothing bad happened. So its fine. That's a closed chapter.", Jungkook said and looked out of the window at the slight rain.

After two hours, they reached hostel. Jungkook and Jimin walked to the room and went to the bed straight as they already had dinner from Jeon's.

~
Taehyung came back from office by 10PM but saw his mom sitting on the couch still awake and a concerned face. "Mom, why didn't you sleep, yet?", he asked as he walked to the living room. "Tae.. tae.. it's..", she shuttered. "It's what? Where is dad?", he asked. "He.. he is upset. He hasn't came out of study. He is furious.", she said. "Furious? What happened?", Taehyung asked. "It's.. it's Mr Park called. Y..Yoo.Yoona called off the marriage.", she said fiddling with the hem of her shirt. "Called off marriage? Why?", he asked. "She.. she is in an affair with someone else and is..is a month pre.. pregnant.", Taehyung pressed his lips tightly to hold back the giggle. "Oh.. she.. she.. I.. I didn't expected that.", Taehyung said with a fake sad. "Is that why dad is angry?", he asked. She nodded. "Tae. It's okay. Leave it. Mm? We will find another girl, who is more beautiful and perfect than her and.. and Thank God it all happened now. What if it's after the marriage?", she said consoling her son who is sitting besides her with face hiding with palm. Taehyung wiped his face and stood up. "I.. I.. will go and meet dad. Mm. Don't worry. You go and sleep, mom.", he took her to the room and laid her on the bed before pulling the blanket over her.

Taehyung turned and smiled all the way to study room. "Dad.", he called his dad in a meloncholy voice. "Come.", he heard a blank hoarse voice. "Dad.", he called softly when he saw Mr Kim with a glass of vodka. "I have said Mr Park to revert the contract with them. We don't want any tie with them.", his dad seethed in anger. Taehyung hummed. "Don't stress too much. Think it happened for your goodness.", Taehyung again nodded. "Go and sleep. We will look for another good proposals.", Taehyung again nodded before wishing good night to his dad.

Taehyung pressed his lips thin all the way to his room and once he entered inside it he started laughing. "Damn it. That was so fast.", Taehyung said and took off his clothes before waking to the washroom and took a shower. He laid on the bed and smiled thinking about certain someone and his starry eyes and pouty lips.

..to be continued..