19) The igniting dance

Welcome, Mrs. Kim.

_______________________________________

TAEHYUNG POV:

I was talking to some of my partners while my gaze was fixed on her who was talking to Jennie and Jisoo with her friend. I came out of my trance when I heard my name being called by the person in front of me.

"Mr. Kim?"

I hummed and looked at him.

"Is anything wrong?"

I shook my head and again fixed my eyes on her who had a slight smile on her visage. Her eyes scanning the hall as if searching for someone with desperation, but her desperation was replaced by disappointment when she didn't find that person. Her gaze shifted to her friend while she shook her head when her friend asked her something.

Who is she searching for so desperately?

YN POV:

I was here talking to Yeji when the figure of two ladies approaching us came to my sight. Jennie and Jisoo. They came to us with a pleasant and genuine smile and hugged me, not forgetting to congratulate me once more for my so-called happy wedding.

I gave them a smile in return, a genuine one for real.

"Meet my friend, Hwang Yeji. Yeji, this is Jisoo and Jennie".

I introduced them to eachother, they smiled at eachother showing gratitude.

"It's nice to meet you, Ms. Kim Jisoo and Ms. Jennie Kim".

Yeji greeted them formally.

"Let's drop the formalities, ladies. It makes me look so old already, I'm just 3 years older than you both", Jennie laughed out making us smile.

"Let's have a drink?" Jisoo suggested.
"Sure", I nodded. The drinks were served to us and we enjoyed our drinks with some chit chattings.

But my mind was occupied. I gazed my eyes at the hall at the hope of finding someone. My mom and my brother. Are they here too? Will they come and congratulate me? Will my mom come and congratulate me and give blessings to her daughter? Will my brother come and congratulate me and take me in a brotherly hug?

Deep down, I knew the answer myself too. But still, I hoped for an exception. The exception which would never reach me. I desperately scanned the hall filled with many faces who didn't matter to me right now.

I was interrupted from by thoughts when I heard Yeji.

"Yn?"

I looked at her and nodded.

"What's with you?" She asked while scanning my face. I shook my head, "Nothing, it's nothing". She nodded after a long pause. I sipped the wine from the glass which I was holding and looked around.

My gaze stopped at a specific person who's eyes were scanning me intensely. His dark hooded eyes held mischief and desire. He was talking to some people but his whole attention was on me. His stare was peircing my soul. He could bore a hole in me by that intense gaze he was giving me. I tried to ignore him. But could I? No. Not at all when I could feel my skin burn from his stares. How could have I unseen it? His brown orbs were a deep abyss in which one could drown and get lost. And I seemed to get drowned in them, too.

AUTHOR POV:

Yn didn't back off herself, too. She maintained the eye contact with him. Her black orbs and his brown orbs collided well with each other.

Yn exhaled a deep breath which she didn't even know she was holding and internally thanked God when Namjoon came to Taehyung and whispered something in his ears, causing him to break their intense eye contact.