18) Don't fall

"Go change, sweetheart. I'll wait for you in bed. You must be tired".

_______________________________________

TAEHYUNG POV:

I scrunched my eyes and slowly opened them due to the low whimpers coming from beside me. I turned my head and was confounded yet panicked to see Yn whimpering in her sleep all sweaty and whispering something which I was not able to hear. I quickly woke up and tried to wake her up.

"Princess, wake up! Yn! What happened? Wake up!"

I shook her but she was still mumbling something while sobbing softly in her sleep. That's when it hitted me. She's having a nightmare.

I panicked a little seeing her in this state. She shouldn't suffer when I'm right here with her.
I gently lifted her and placed her in my lap while hugging her and rubbing her back. She quickly opened her eyes and looked at me panicked. Her eyes were red and teary. She started struggling while mumbling,

"No! No! Leave me! Let me go to my dad!! No please! Don't kill him!! I'll obey you! Please don't harm him".

My heart clenched hearing her Whispers. She was struggling soo hard. But I didn't let go of her. I hugged her tightly and locked her with my arms making her unable to move away from me.

I caressed her hair softly while still holding onto her waist firmly yet gently with my other arm.

"Shh, it's okay. It's okay. I'm here, always. You're safe here with me. Hmm?"

I said In a comforting tone. I'm myself surprised that how I become so soft when it comes to her. She unknowingly unlocks the sides of me which I myself don't know exist.

Now, at this moment, she wasn't looking like a fierce and rebblious woman whom she shows herself as. In fact, she was looking like a broken and fragile girl who wanted to escape, escape from her past, which haunts her in her nightmares. No matter how many times she puts on a mask of a powerful, fierce and fearless woman, at the end of the day, she becomes all fragile and weak. This makes me never want to leave her, and protect her from everything.

She soon calmed and stopped struggling. I looked down at her when I left weight on me. I simpered softly when I saw her asleep. I placed her in the bed gently while I myself settled in the bed while leaning my head on the headrest. I gently placed her head in my lap and covered her with duvet. I caressed her head while admiring her. I was awake by now as I am a light sleeper. I simply closed my eyes feeling her close to me.

_________________________________________

Time skip~
Morning~

YN POV:

I clenched my eyes tightly and slowly opened them, the sun rays hit my eyes. I clenched my eyes tight once again adjusting to the light. I looked beside me and found the bed empty. I scanned my eyes and found Taehyung coming out of the closet room while fixing his tie and looking as handsome as he is. He has his professional cold face on. I remembered what happened yesterday night. He, he comforted me. For the first time ever in all these years when someone had comforted me after a nightmare. And it was... Him. I slowly got up. I felt my cheeks turn light pink due to embarrassment.
He must've seen me cry. Shit! It's so embarassing!!

I looked at him again and at the same time he looked at me, too. As soon as we made a eye contact, I turned my face away from him in embarrassment. I could feel my cheeks burning.
Shit! Why am I still alive, God?!

I could feel him come towards me. But I still didn't look at him until I felt him sit beside me and putting his long fingers under my chin and turn my face towards him.