Epilogue

A week had passed since the night that Harry and his friends had helped set Sirius free and catch Peter Pettigrew. For the time being, Sirius was staying at the castle in Remus's quarters, but soon he would be moving into a flat in London. He had been fully pardoned by the Minister for Magic and had even been given a generous sum of money in order to help him get settled into his new life.

Pettigrew had been taken straight to Azkaban and was set to receive the Kiss any day now. Or so Harry heard. He found that he didn't much care what happened to Pettigrew now as long as everyone knew that it had really been him all along that had betrayed his parents.

Ron however, seemed to be having a hard time adjusting to the fact that his beloved pet rat had actually been a fully grown wizard in hiding all along. Though he and Crookshanks were getting along fine now.

Remus had also fully recovered from that night and he seemed especially happy to have one of his closest friends back. The two spent a lot of time together while Remus tried to catch Sirius up on everything he had missed over the last twelve years.

And when he wasn't reminiscing with Remus, Sirius was spending as much time as he could with Harry. Most often in Snape and Harry's quarters, and though he was always there if Harry needed him, Snape was sure to always be in his lab whenever Sirius was there. Sirius wanted to learn everything that he could about his godson and at the same time, regale him with tales about his parents when they were younger.

Harry loved hearing the stories and learning more about his parents, but even more than that, he loved that Snape had been so open to him spending time with Sirius in the first place. He wasn't sure if it was because he knew how important it was to him to get to know Sirius or if Snape just didn't want to argue about it with him, but either way, Harry was happy.

Tonight though, Snape had made it clear that Harry wouldn't be spending time with Sirius because he had plans for them already. What those plans were, however, he wouldn't say. All Harry knew was that they had left their quarters and had begun climbing the moving staircase upwards. By the time they got to the seventh floor, Harry felt out of breath and slightly irritated that Snape wouldn't answer his questions about what they were doing or where they were going.

"Here we are," said Snape as he stopped midway down the corridor.

Harry looked up in confusion. "What are you talking about? There's nothing here."

Snape raised an eyebrow at him and smirked before simply turning away from him and walking several steps away. Then, he turned back and walked towards him again. He did this three times while Harry watched in silence and on the third time, a door appeared in the middle of the wall. Snape looked at him as if he should have expected this all along.

"Go on then," Snape said, motioning towards the door. "Open it up."

Harry put his hand on the knob and gave a slight push, but when the door opened all he could see was a darkened room. He looked back at Snape who nodded his head for him to go on in and he did.

The moment his foot crossed the threshold, the room lit up and several people jumped out of hiding places to yell, "Surprise!"

It seemed that everyone who was important to Harry was there. Remus, Sirius, all the Weasley's, Dumbledore and McGonagall, Evelyn, the social worker, Dean and Seamus, Neville, Ron, Hermione, and Draco, the rest of the teachers, and even Hagrid, who was trying to dry tears with a great big handkerchief.

The room was decorated with red and blue streamers and balloons while confetti seemed to endlessly fall from the ceiling. Though none of it landed on the table in the middle of the room that held a massive cake that read, "Happy Adoption Day, Harry!"