Chapter 1

Severus Snape strode swiftly through the seventh-floor corridor of the castle, leading to the headmaster's office. He had received a note not ten minutes prior requesting that he join him immediately. As it was presently nearing midnight, Severus wasted no time abandoning his nightcap and a new potions book and making his way up from the dungeons.

He approached the stone gargoyles, and rolling his eyes; he said in his usual slow drawl, "Pixie Puffs." The gargoyles lept aside, allowing Snape to enter the circular, stone staircase that began to move on its own, bringing him up to the office door, to which he knocked once and heard a quiet, "Enter," spoken by Albus Dumbledore.

Snape stepped inside and closed the door behind him.

"You wanted to see me, Headmaster?"

"Ah, Severus, my boy. Come in, come in. Have a seat, won't you." Albus gestured towards the chairs in front of his desk, and Snape sat down. Albus then held out a bowl of lemon drops, and Snape merely shook his head, resisting the urge to roll his eyes at the man once again.

Albus placed the bowl back down on the edge of his desk and gave a small sigh as he seemed to be thinking of just the right words to begin the conversation. He tented his fingers in front of his face before lowering them once more to the desk.

Unable to stand the quiet any longer, Snape said, "Headmaster, you did need to see me for something? Surely you didn't have me leave my quarters just to sit here in silence?"

Ignoring his question, though, Albus instead replied, "Severus, it is just the two of us here; there is no need for all these formalities as I've told you countless times over the last many years."

Snape bit back his usual scathing remark. Something was bothering the older man, and the faster he told him what it was, the faster he could get back to his nightcap.

"What is it, dad?"

"Harry Potter has just performed a vast display of accidental magic at his relatives home, and-"

This time, Snape did indeed roll his eyes as he sat back in his chair with a huff. "Of course, this would be about Potter." He hissed. "Tell me, did he have a tantrum when they did not cater to his every whim? Was his Welcome Home party not up to his standards?"

Snape opened his mouth to say something else, but the look that the headmaster suddenly pointed in his direction was one that he hadn't seen in a very long time. The usual twinkle was nowhere in sight, and Severus found himself straightening up in his chair. The rest of his reply died on his lips as he closed his mouth once more.

"I do not know what has caused the loss of control of Harry's emotions, Severus. However, I do know that he has left their home and is now sitting alone at the Leaky Cauldron with nearly an entire Summer left before his return to Hogwarts."

"Surely the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad can sort it all out." Snape pointed out.

"Yes, they have already taken care of everything. Unfortunately, however, Harry's aunt and uncle are no longer willing to allow him to come back."

At this declaration, Albus pulled a letter from the desk and handed it over to Snape, who took it with a raised eyebrow. While scanning the paper, Snape's lips almost twitched in a smirk at the words written there. Almost.

"I suppose they've finally had enough of his arrogant and flagrant disregard for the rules, though I don't blame them. I've been saying it all along; what Potter needs is discipline."

"And is it discipline, Severus, to have Harry thrown out of his home onto the street? With no one to look after his well-being?"

Snape scoffed at this as if his adoptive father had just said something quite unbelievable. "Oh, come off it, dad. We both know that by the time school lets out next year, they'll have all cooled off and will likely welcome him home with open arms. I dare say Potter is probably loving the idea of being on his own for the summer. Though with his track record, he'll have found trouble before the week is out, and someone will have to go and collect him. I expect Molly will jump at the chance to coddle the insufferable brat."

As Potter is to SnapeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara