"I think that is wise," Flitwick agreed. "In any case, I wanted to make you aware of what I had witnessed. You'll let me know if there is anything I can do to help?"

"Of course," Severus replied. "And thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will be speaking to Draco immediately, and if need be, I'll have a meeting with my entire House to get to the bottom of this."

***

After Severus saw Flitwick out, he returned to the kitchen with Harry.

"Professor Flitwick tells me that he saw you and some other students in the hallway Friday and that he took points away when he overheard Fred Weasley threatening to hex another student."

Harry's eyes narrowed and he put his fork back on his plate. "Fred only threatened him because that twit Daley almost hexed me! And it was all stupid anyway because we were only there in the first place because Marcus Flint and the other two had Draco cornered and were threatening to curse him."

"There's no need to get so upset, Harry. Professor Flitwick thought that might be the case and that is why he came to see me this morning. He wanted to make me aware of what he thought was going on so that I could get to the bottom of it."

"Oh," Harry said quietly. "Alright then. You should."

"And I will. I'm planning to talk to Draco, but I wondered if you could tell me what you know about what happened first."

Harry took a deep breath, his breakfast now forgotten as he told Severus everything he and the others had overheard.

"He told him that his dad basically gave him orders to do whatever necessary to 'keep Draco in line.' You didn't see him, Dad. Draco actually looked scared for a minute. You don't really think Mr. Malfoy would let someone curse his own son just because he was mad at him, do you?"

Severus ran a hand across his jaw and sighed. "I hope not, but to be honest, I'm not sure. At this point, I wouldn't put anything past Lucius Malfoy."

"Well, you can't let him! He has to be stopped!"

Severus held his hands up in front of him. "I know. I'll do whatever I need to protect him, just as I would do for any other child. But there is not a lot I can do if I can't get Draco to talk to me. As far as I know, Lucius hasn't actually done anything yet."

"I don't trust him," said Harry, sullenly.

"Neither do I." Severus stood up and pushed his chair back under the table. "Alright. I wanted to talk to you about something else, but if it's alright with you, I need to find Draco and talk to him first."

"Am I in trouble?" Harry asked suspiciously.

"Should you be?"

"No!"

Severus smirked. "Then you have nothing to worry about. I shouldn't be long, but if for some reason I'm not back by lunch, Jenka will give you something."

"Alright." Harry followed him out of the kitchen and into the parlor.

"Don't leave our quarters. And don't get into anything you're not supposed to be in."

"I won't."

"And do your homework. I believe I said we would play chess tonight if you got it done on time."

"Okay, okay. I will. You don't have to spend ten minutes telling me all the rules every time you leave. I'll be a good little boy and stay out of trouble. Happy?"

Severus scowled down at him, though he wasn't actually upset. "Immensely."

Harry grinned and left Severus in the parlor as he walked down the hall and disappeared into his bedroom.

As Potter is to SnapeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara