𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹 𝑻 𝑾 𝑬 𝑵 𝑻 𝒀 𝑺 𝑰 𝑿

[  𝐁 𝐑 𝐔 𝐓 𝐀 𝐋 ! ]
"was meant to be spending them with you"

ACT II

FIRST DAY

He didn't turn around and she couldn't were body shook with her cries, the way she couldn't even hold herself up and sank agasint the wall of the ledge, covering her mouth to keep from calling for him.

Valentina spent then night crying into her hands, curing every single day she'd allowed herself to get swept up into Carls current, to love him, and worse get attached. Every comfort he gave her now gone with him, all the memories felt like scratches across her heart.

The hours piled over eachother like car wreck as she got caught in the repetition of falling asleep and waking up to cry some more and by the time the sun came up over southside Chicago, her tears had eventually run dry. Blood shot eyes ranked over the the only place she ever felt safe, echos of all the good memories with him turning grey with the sudden lack of him.

She left her building with swallowed pain bottling it up somewhere inside her and found the next best option to feel.

The ride home was spent with her mind turning their last conversation over and over because even if she didn't want to, her knee bounced as she starred out the window with a teary glare.

She got home in haze really, not remembering any of it until she was pushing through her front door just as Vincent was walking out of the kitchen with his work bag and clothes.

The problem always was when Valentina got scared, got hurt, like a scared animal it would all turn to aggression. Anger.

From the look on her brothers he knew what has happened. He knows she knows now.

He sighs, his eyes dropping to the side, "Vale let me exp-"

Valentina glares at him before she shoves him, "you had no fucking right-!"

"He's gone because you!" She cries shoving him again making him stumble this time. "You fucking— you fucking liar! you said you didn't care as long as i was happy!"

She kept yelling every insult that can come to mind as she takes out all her pain into a straight line of rage towards her brother even as she starts crying again.

Vincent eventually stops her, grabbing her arms to stop hitting him and yells back "Valentina enough!"

Having never been yelled at by Vincent this way she finches away but doesn't get far as he stills holds her wrists. It's the look on her brother's face that really gets her to stop though.

"That kid needed help, drug dealing wasn't going to get him anywhere" He says his voice calmer this time letting go of her wrists and stands to his full height, "and you you know that! you know why i helped him and you know why he left!"

Anger over Pain.

She glares up at him, "he left because you fucking put in his head he's not good enough for me! you took one of the only good things i had!"

It was selfish, she knows. She knows he's right she knows Carl needed to get out of the drug dealing, but it was impossible to see it through the waves of pains of being left. Again.