𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹 𝑭 𝑶 𝑼 𝑹 𝑻 𝑬 𝑬 𝑵

[  𝐁 𝐑 𝐔 𝐓 𝐀 𝐋! ]"It was a luxury they were all eager to keep

𝐁 𝐑 𝐔 𝐓 𝐀 𝐋! ]
"It was a luxury they were all eager to keep."
TW: panic attack

Valentina gave Carl enough reassurance for the pair to leave her building and head back home. The Chicago air was growing colder by the day with fall in full swing, and the trees were almost completely bare. Valentina couldn't wait for Halloween, which was a week away, though she hasn't settled on a costume. She had almost forgotten about it with all that has been going on, but Alessia has reminded her, making a joke that the neighborhood is going to need more candy with her being her.

She was thinking about it as she shared half a sour rope with him on the walk to the L, to soften out the wrinkles between his brows.

"Thought you didn't share?" He asked with raised brows and a smirk plastered on his lips.

She glared at him before shrugging and moving his arm onto her shoulders with the movement. Holding her hand out, she said, "I'll take it back then."

He wolfed it quickly, his face scrunching for a second at the sourness, shaking his head with wide eyes, making her laugh.

Idiot

"It could be better," he comments, feigning indifference.

She blinks at him mid-chew with raised brows.
She switches the bags around in her hands and points at him with her left. When she finishes chewing, she says, "Just for that, you're not getting another one."

He rolls his eyes. "fine"

"fine"

"good"

"great"

He huffs, leans down, and gives her a peck on the cheek before getting a smack on the chest, though she smirks.

"asshole"

He grins, "You like kissing this asshole."

Valentina's face scrunches in disgust at the untended imagery, and she laughs when she sees that he realizes what he's said.

"That's not—" Carl winces and looks close to smacking himself. "That's not what I meant."

She laughs at his quick embarrassment and flushed cheeks. But because it's him, she leans up and gives him a peck on the lips.

"It's a very good thing you're cute."

VALENTINA NEARLY FELL asleep on the L once they sat down, her head resting on Carl's shoulder, the soft tapping of his fingers on her collarbone relaxing her. It was still cold on the train, and he was the perfect heater.

She glances up at him, trailing the curve of his jaw, the humps of his lips, and the slope of his nose with her eyes. over and over.

He eventually felt her gaze, turning his head to meet her eyes with raised brows.