𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹 𝑻 𝑾 𝑬 𝑵 𝑻 𝒀 𝑭 𝑰 𝑽 𝑬

[ 𝐁 𝐑 𝐔 𝐓 𝐀 𝐋 ! ]
"Burying it"
THE END OF ACT ONE

VALENTINA WATCHED KAI pace back and forth for a solid five minutes now across her room, trying to get them to speak something other than self insulting while also trying to get a word in that didn't set them into another rant.

"you're going to leave footprint dents on my rug!"She whined, exasperated with the dramatics, throwing one of her pillows at the red head.

"fucking shit its almost christmas and I- !" Kai yelped after the pillow smacked them right in the face, their newly dyed dirty blonde curls jumping back.

That finally got them to stop, sigh and drop into the desk chair while clinging to the pillow.

Valentina hums, "there's still a whole week until christmas and anyway i-"

"That's so not enough time! Everyone already has their gifts ready, Even Mickey has his gift for Ian!" Kai rants ending it with rubbing their hands over their face. "I'm a shit partner, i can't even get her christmas gift on our first Christmas together "

"No you're not," Valentina laughs, "And Mickey's gift is literally just a fancy bottle of jack, silly little picnic and sex at the baseball field"

Kai looks up at her with wide blue eyes, "how the hell do you-?"

She smirks, pulling her legs up to sit crisscrossed on the bed "who do you think came up with the idea?"

The Milkovich chuckles, "I knew someone helped him! last year he gave him a box of donuts, that he'd already taken two out of" and then the smile is lost with a frown "im not going to be able to get her anything!"

Valentina sighs, "Kai, you remember i called you here right?"

They nod, looking at her directly for the first time since they arrived.

"And if you would've shut the fuck up i could've told you why"

Kai goes to speak but Valentina cuts them off with "I figured out what you can get her for Christmas"

That has Kai rocketing of the chair, questions coming out a mile a second, "Why didn't you tell me sooner, what is it? how much does it cost-wait that doesn't matter i could just steal it— are you sure she'll like it? where is it? do i need to go get it somewhere? what is-?"

"Kai!" She exclaims slapping her hand over their mouth to get them to shut up though laughing, "breath, yeah?"

She waits for kai to take a deep nosey breath before removing her hand.

"It's more of a grand gesture than a physical gift" She begins again, reaching into her drawer and pulling out two tickets.

"She's always wanted to see Hamilton, and Lip told me they're doing it at a theater by his school right after Christmas " She hands Kai the tickets while they stare in awe, "i got them before they sold out this morning"

Kai looks at her then and the tickets, twice before finally speaking, "So I just take her to see the play?"

Valentina smirks crossing her arms over chest, "you could or you could take her to the play and then give her, her dream date, which by the way is literally just going to a bookstore her showing you her big ole brain and getting her favorite coffee"