𝑪 𝑯𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹 𝑶 𝑵 𝑬

[  𝐁 𝐑 𝐔 𝐓 𝐀 𝐋! ]"𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏,𝒔𝒂𝒅 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔?"

[ 𝐁 𝐑 𝐔 𝐓 𝐀 𝐋! ]
"𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏,𝒔𝒂𝒅 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔?"

Two cigarettes were already lit by the time the sun went down completely. Valentina and Alessia were on the swings of the run-down Southside Park, talking about everything and nothing.

Valentina felt a certain kind of peace sitting there smoking with the blonde again. She didn't have the pressure to act a certain way nagging her brain like with her friends in Jersey.

It had only been an hour since she arrived, and she felt settled for the first time in years. On the other hand, she felt like there were things hidden underneath her happy, spotless exterior, lying on the inside like a stain.

"Thor was so tiny a year ago, now he's a fucking giant!" Alessia giggles as she shows Valentina the most recent picture of the white and brown mutt she found in an alley. She never found out what type of dog he was and has been having growth spurts over the past year.

"Let's just hope he stays like that," Valentina adds, taking the last drag from her cigarette before tossing it to the sand, crushing it with her boot heel.

"Yeah, Dad has been on my ass about having him in the hou-" The blue-eyed girl's phone rings loudly before she can finish her sentence, causing Valentina to flinch at the sudden sound.

Fuck loud noises.

"Hi, Dad," Alessia greets, dragging out the "i" in "Hi" while giving the brunette a look that says both annoyance and, "I told you so."

Alessia's biological father, Daniel, and her stepfather, Andrew, were slightly overprotective of the girl since her mom passed away four years ago. Valentina could remember the day when Alessia called her, sobbing loudly, not able to speak for the first half of the conversation before finally building the strength to tell what happened, that her mother's cancer had won.

It was a very bad few months for the blonde.

The brunette smiled at her before glancing ahead as Alessia spoke to her father. Valentina's eyes stared out ahead as she lifted her right foot and pushed the other into the sand below, making the swing pull her body slowly again.

Her eyes fell on a tall figure on the basketball court. They were leaned against the fence staring up at the sky with what Valentina assumed was a cigarette hanging on the person's lips due to the little ember light in the dark.

Valentina watched the person as she waited for Alessia to finish her call, wondering who it was and why they were out here alone.

The cigarette light moved as the person grabbed it in their fingers. She squinted a bit in an attempt to get a better look at them. Her curiosity nipped at her insides. A shorter, wider-looking figure walked over to the other just as Alessia finished her call.