Rooftop Sunsets

A chill crept up Y/n's spine, making the hair on the back of his neck stand on end. His head was still pounding and his body was sore. A feeling of dread swept over him, this one like no other, this dread was filled with inescapable doom.

"Take me away from you...?" Y/n muttered under his breath. His heart thundered in his chest and his body was flooded with adrenaline. "I think I have to go..."

"Go? Go where...?" Eyeless Jack asked in monotone voice. Y/n faced him and stood up weakly. He tried to think of an excuse that wouldn't upset Jack, so he chose the most beleiveable one.

"I need to lie down..." Y/n said quietly, holding onto his lower stomach. Eyeless Jack stood with him.

"That's probably for the best..." Eyeless Jack nodded, "I could walk you to the room, if you'd like"

"No" Y/n said quickly, "No, thank you" he added quietly. He took a few steps away from Jack then walked down the hallway hurriedly. Jack remained in the same spot, but he couldn't help but feel deeply bothered by Y/n's refusal.

Y/n went up the stairs, every so often checking behind him to see if Jack followed or not. Y/n made it to the room and locked the door with a sigh. This time, he made sure that the windows were locked too. He was glad to see that all of his things were still here.

But he couldn't leave now, not with how injured he was, and with Eyeless Jack somewhat caring about him. He definitely did not what to upset him, especially since he didn't know what exactly Jack was capable of.

Y/n just decided to rest on the bed and try to comprehend the days events. He felt exhausted and his limbs were tired too. It was like all the energy he had before was completely gone. Before he knew it, he fell asleep.

Jack stared down the hallway for a while until he got an idea. He wanted to make sure Y/n was truely alright and didn't need any help. He went to the hallway, but instead of going to Y/n's door, he went to a tall and wide painting. He gently pushed the painting aside to reveal a large hole in the wall.

"I'll just watch for a little bit..." Eyeless Jack thought to himself, stepping into the wall space. It smelt like mildew and dust and it was rather cramped, but it didn't bother Jack in the slightest. He pushed his way through and occasionally pressed his ear against the wall to hear for Y/n's breathing.

Once he came across the room he saw another hole that was covered by a painting. He quietly pushed the painting out of the way.

Y/n was right below him, sleeping peacefully in the bed. Jack sighed in relief, but continued to stare for what felt like hours. He knew that Y/n would be exhausted, but the more he watched the more he wanted to climb in the bed with him.

Jack resisted the urge and moved the painting back before he got any more awful ideas. He sighed and moved back through the walls until he reached a different painting. He pushed the painting aside and went through. He ended back up in his room.

After many hours of undisturbed silence, Jack began to feel hungry again. The craving was starting to become continuous as the time went by, causing him to want more and more with each bite. Jack rested his head against the wall as he lounged on his mattress.

"Damnit..." He cursed under his breath before getting up and preparing to go out for his next meal. He grabbed the bare minimum and headed out to find his next victim.

Y/n woke up after a few hours, feeling tired and a bit nauseous. He placed his hand over his lower stomach and sat up with a groan. He stood up and brushed his hand through his greasy hair. The texture of his unkempt hair is enough to make him cringe.

He slowly paced over to the door and down the hallway, sluggishly decending the stairs. He went to the bathroom and turned on the sink. The water gushed out and he put his hands in the icy cold water. He cupped some of the water in his hands and splashed his face, rubbing his eyes.

When he opened his eyes back up the water felt warmer and thicker. He looked in the mirror and saw that his face was drenched in crimson blood. His face turned a ghostly white and he took more water from the faucet and rubbed it into his face. But all it did was smear the blood more, making it thicker and causing it to drip down his neck.

Eyeless Jack knocked on the door, grabbing his attention. He looked at Jack then back at the mirror. But when he looked back the blood was gone, he was just very wet due to the water he frantically splashed on himself.

"Are you alright...?" Eyeless Jack asked, stashing his hands in his pockets. Y/n sighed and turned off the water. He rested his forearms on the rim of the sink, letting the water run down his face.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine" he said, slight exasperated as he brushed his damp hand through his hair. He shakily took a small towel and patted his face dry. Eyeless Jack stood quiet before clearing his throat awkwardly.

"I would like to show you something..." Jack said with a hint of excitement in his voice. Y/n looked at him with a half-smile, mostly confused about the timing of the situation.

"Okay... Sure..." He said, standing back up straight. Jack took his wrist firmly and started to lead him up the stairs. Y/n, a bit startled by the forcefulness of the pull, followed, staggering behind. Jack opened one of the windows with ease and pulled Y/n through, onto the roof.

"Okay, woah, where are we going?" He said, cautiously climbing onto the roof as well.

"You'll see" he said expectantly, climbing higher onto the roof. Once they got to the top of the roof, Jack sat down, gesturing for Y/n to sit beside him. Over the horizon was a breath taking, winter sunset. The hues of orange, pink, and purple swirled with the wispy clouds.

"Oh" Y/n said in surprise as he sat looking the sunset. The pine trees groaned and trembled in the breeze that swept through the open air. Eyeless Jack sighed and crossed his legs.

"This isn't the only reason I brought you up here..." He said slowly, taking off his mask. Y/n's eyes widened as he saw Eyeless Jack's slim, pale gray features and void of eyes. Jack started to talk again...

"I need to tell you what truely happened..."