𝘾𝙝𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙨

The creature had opened the fridge, letting the foul stench creep through the kitchen and into the living area. Y/n held his nose, trying to control his breathing out of his mouth. Y/n peaked back over the couch out of morbid curiosity.

The being was holding chunks of meat. Through the dim lighting y/n could see that I was rotten. The creature tore through the pieces of meat, tearing off bits and devouring it like it was a delicacy.

Y/n watched in horror before quietly shrinking back into the couch. The smell was enough to make someone vomit, but the fact that someone or.. something was eating it was far worse.

Y/n looked over at his phone, debating whether to call the police or to stay quiet in hopes it goes away. It was getting harder and harder to sit and wait. The sound of the creature chewing and ripping the meat made y/n sick to his stomach.

He was laying flat on his back and he stretched out an arm to reach for his phone. The creature was distracted by the rotten morsel to pay attention. He used one finger to gently slide his phone over enough to take it from the table.

Y/n's heart was thundering in his chest as he took the phone in his hand. Y/n released a quiet shaky breath and gripped the phone. He could still hear the thing in his kitchen gnawing away at the meat.

He turned on his phone and an abrupt burst of music started to play. Y/n's heart dropped and he quickly swipped off the screen and turned his phone off. He waited for a noise or some sort of rummaging to show that the creature had noticed. But it was dead silent.

Y/n looked up from his phone to see the creature perched on the back of the couch. The two dark eyes staring directly at him. Y/n pushed himself away quickly and sat up. A feeling of dread swam through his body and he froze for a few moments.

He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. The cretaure stood as still as a statue and a black substance dripped down the mask. A disgusting dead smell came from the creatures presence.

With a bit of hesitation he sprung up and sprinted out of the living room and down the hallway. He was unsure if the cretaure would follow. But after a few seconds y/n heard a thud from the living room and the sound of nails scraping against the floor. The creature was chasing him.

He panicked and ran up the stairs, skipping some steps in the process. He looked back to see the cretaure gaining on him. The creature was on all fours and it was starting to gain on him.

The cretaure let out a breathless yelp at the sight and scurried into one of the room. He locked the door and a few seconds later the door handle wiggled. The creature was trying to get in, from the other side of the door y/n could hear it scratching and prying at the door.

Y/n looked around the room and felt his heart drop. He was inside of the medical room. He was surounded by the smell of chemicals and must. Y/n glanced for some where to hide and spotted a tall cabinet.

He hurried over to hit and swung it open. It was filled with coats, aprons, and some bottles of bleach on the cabinet floor. The creature banged on the door as y/n snuck into the cabinet. Y/n closed the cabinet door and held his phone to his chest, steadying his breaths.

The bleach stunk the entire closet and the clothing smelt like it hadn't been washed in a long while. The closet started to get hot with tension and the banging on the door outside was getting louder and faster. For a few moments everything went quiet. A mix of relief and confusion washer over y/n. But that soon ended when y/n heard the door slam open.

Y/n nearly jumped out of his own skin at the crashing noise, but he quickly composed himself to stay silent. The creature huffed and started to sniff around the room. The being's animal-like feet clicked against the floor with each step. It started to sniff it's way to the closet.

Y/n froze in place, his phone starting to slip from his hand from a nervous sweat. He put his back against the wall of the closet, making himself as small as possible. The cabinet creaked open slowly the creature sniffed the clothes that separated them. Y/n held his breath and stayed as still as possible.

After a moment of sniffing around, the being paused. The silence was loud and dreadful. But the creature sneezed and mumbled something, closing the door. Y/n waited until he heard the footsteps walk away to exhale. He waited another minute to push the clothes out of the way and gently open the door.

The room was empty and y/n let out a a thankful sigh. He slowly crept over to the door and peeked into the hall. There was no sign of the creature so he tip-toed down the hallway and into the bigger bedroom. Y/n slowly locked the door and walked over to the bed. It still had a layer of dirt on it and the bedding looked old, but he couldn't risk sleeping in the living room again.

He remembered his phone and he rushed to turn it on but the battery was dead. Y/n cursed under his breath and sat in the bed.

He felt more on edge now than ever and it made his mind whirr. Y/n thought of all the possibilities of that thing could be, but whatever it was...

It was not human.