[4] MISSION: Finding you

Start from the beginning

"How long have you been together?" He warmly smiled.

"Sixty years... she was my first and true love." So true love does exist... when I imagine myself in this age... I know who I'd want to have by my side.

"Can I see her photo?" He showed me his wife in her thirties in the picture.

"Damn, you've got some taste, grandpa!" He chuckled and I made him tea.

"You know... I also have a person I love like you loved your wife but he's a man..." I waited for his reaction but he looked surprisingly neutral.

"Does he treat you nice?" I quickly nodded and he smiled.

"Then you have to keep him. It's hard to find kind people in this age but when you find them, you know they are the ones..." I looked at him and had to hide my sadness... if he's really the one, will he forgive me?

After my first salary from the kind grandpa, I bought more clothes and a phone with sim and data so I could look for work online and not meet more of those ugly pigs. I immediately signed up for several works but got accepted in two only. Even that was more than enough.

During my first interview, I was nervous but had to keep my cool to convince them.

"So why would someone as young as you want to work as a cleaner in our company?"

"I may be young but that doesn't mean I don't want to do physical work. I may not be educated enough but I've got the stamina and motivation to work hard." Luckily she didn't dig too much into my path as no one else applied for this work and let me start the next day.

I had less time for controlling the old grandpa so I divided his pills for each day and put reminders on his fridge so he wouldn't forget. After my work I always bought stuff for him and did chores for which I didn't have time.

Unfortunately, the grandpa had to be hospitalized for two weeks but let me stay in his place and take care of his house. I had more time and applied for a third job. I was drained after my two works and chores I've been doing but I had enough money to send it to my family. When I called the hospital, I was so happy to hear my uncle's voice so clearly now and he seemed even cheerful. After five fucking months...

"Oh, Phi, guess who let us stay in his house."

"Aki?"

"Almost, Phi Akk was so kind to me that I offered him I'd become your replacement. For your luck, he rejected me."

"Don't you dare! What's mine is mine!"

"Then you shouldn't leave him, idiot!" Ahh... no respect from this younger brat.

"Hey... how is Miri? She looked pretty mad."

"Of course she's mad at you and she's even more mad after phi Akk visited us. She hates you for betraying us and him so you are lucky I'm willing to talk to you!" This little rascal... Uncle had to take back the phone.

"Ayan... kids told me what you've done and I seriously don't know if I should thank you or scold you but... I'm grateful to you for taking care of them and I'm sorry for making your life much harder."

"Without you I wouldn't be even alive but your kindness drove me crazy sometimes. Just stay safe and when I come back, I want to see you standing on your two feet with a smile on your face!" I said strictly and could hear his laugh. It was hard saying goodbye to them but it was time for my second job.

Akk letting them stay in his house meant he wasn't staying there right now and I decided to give to call to the station to see if he was still in the city.

"Hello, this is amazing Chief Khan, what is your emergency?"

"Hey Khan!"

"Akk's secret boyfriend!"

"Why are you saying you are the Chief? What happened to Akk?"

"I don't know if he wants you to know..."

"Tell me for fuck's sake!"

"Alright, alright... he signed up for SWAT training, he's been there already for over one month."

"Huh?! Where?!"

"It's usually held in Doi Suthep but I don't know the exact location..." That was all I needed know.

"Thanks, Khan, I owe you."

"You seriously do if Akk kills me when he returns!" I laughed and then hung up. That crazy maniac... SWAT training really... now to think of a plan how to meet him.

On the weekend when I didn't work I called an emergency number.

"H-hello?"

"Hello sir, this is emergency line, what happened to you?"

"I... I've been in an abandoned temple in Doi Suthep with four other people and there's a man... threatening us with a bomb!"

"Calm down, sir! And try to stay quiet so you wouldn't risk getting caught! I'll send special task force to the place!"

"T-thank you... sob... I'll be saved..." She immediately hung up to send help and I was proud of my acting skills. There's like 11% Akk will be among them but I still don't see other way how I could meet him as citizens are not allowed to go to their training, ahh.

I hid in the temple which I found on my way there and hid in a room which was completely unlocked. I waited for them to come but heard just footsteps coming from one person... now there's like one percent it's gonna be Akk, damn it.

"Hello?! Is someone there?!" Akk! How could I be so lucky?! I looked him through a little hole in the door and when he was close enough, without that dog I was jealous of, I snatched his hand.

I expected to be shot in the head or being at least knocked out by him but he immediately knew it was me! I expected to be scolded or that he would leave without looking at me but his kiss proved me wrong and I was so happy that he gave me this chance to love me again...