O3 | studio bae.

"Count your blessings

"Count your blessings." — Anthony August.

SOUL• RIVERS

"Oh, cry me a fucking river

"Oh, cry me a fucking river." I snapped.

I threw my belongings into my bag, gathering my water bottle, phone and keys off the island. My eyes darted towards Mark as he sat on the couch bickering about his agent screwing him over yet again and basically insinuating that it was my fault.

"You are the reason your career is washed up, Mark. Not me," I spat, my voice dripping with sarcasm. "If you never got yourself fucked up and went out to that party like I told you not to, you'd still be one of the hottest actors out here."

I cackled as I continued, "Stop mopping and suck it up, find a new agent and get off my fucking couch. I'm so sick of your shit. I want you gone when I get back here. I'm done." Even though I uttered those words, I knew he would still be here when I got back. I even knew that part of me would never want him to really leave. Our history went beyond just this. It's crazy how envy can come between you and someone you once trusted and valued enough with your secrets and your life. Now I didn't trust him as far as I could throw him, his jealousy was too strong.

"Soul. You know that's not what the fuck I was even saying. All I said was..."

I laughed. "I know what you said. Your career being on hold is your fault, I told you not to go to that party. I understand that you was lied on and the whole thing was a ploy, but at the same time. Take some accountability. You fucked up. You cheated on me. You did some sneaky shit behind the scenes. You beat that man up. You did. No one put a gun to your head and told you to. I took you back like an idiot, like I do every single time. But you not innocent and you're very much to blame. Get off your ass and work up a strategy. Do interviews. Do something."

He shook his head, his eyes narrowing

He shook his head, his eyes narrowing. I could tell he was annoyed with me, but I couldn't help blaming him for his own career downfall. It felt like instant karma. He got high, he got drunk, he cheated, he committed crimes. He did this to himself.

"Soul, this is my career... put aside what happened that night! This is my money. My life. Without another money, I'm screwed. This is my art. My legacy." He softened his tone.

I sighed heavily, dropping my belongings back on the island and walking around to the living room. I sat on the coffee table in front of him, our eyes meeting. "Then take back what was taken from you. You see what I'm doing. Every time someone has tried to tear me down, I pushed back harder. Instead of moping around and verbally and emotionally abusing your girlfriend of ten years, I advise you to take a step closer towards the right way of doing things. Call Zayn. He's been trying to help you with a team. Put yours and his personal issues aside, and do whatever you have to do to get yourself out of this hole. Because I promise you, there's no more us if you don't figure this out."

"I'm sorry, I'm just frustrated. And I'm sorry for last night, I shouldn't have come to the event and ruined your moment like that. I love you and I really am sorry for how I've been treating you."

I nodded at him, leaning in to peck his lips repeatedly. "I meant what I said though. I want you gone because I can't keep doing this. I love you so much. Maybe too much." He gripped my thigh, pulling me to the edge of the coffee table, pulling me onto his lap, and kissing me. It didn't take long before I melted into his touch. "I'm going to make it up to you, I promise." I nodded, pushing myself off of him, grabbing my belongings, and leaving. It wasn't long before I made it to the studio and found my way in the room, slowly opening the doors and hearing music and some harmonizing. I raised an eyebrow closing the door behind me. I smiled at the other producer Marvin, Marvin nodded over at me. I was about to ask who was in the studio when I lifted my head to see... Anthony?