"Er." Harry wasn't actually sure where Hermione and Ron had gone. "To the Common Room, I suppose. I want to see Snape before dinner."

McGonagall nodded as she rose from her seat once more and led the way to the door.

"Let's go, then."

"Oh, thanks, Professor, but you really don't have to-"

"I am walking you to your Common Room, Harry, and I don't want to hear any complaining about it," she said sternly and Harry had no choice but to go with her. But that was definitely something he was going to speak to Snape about. He was absolutely sure that all of this had to have been his idea.

***

Once back at the common room, Harry quickly explained to Ron and Hermione what Professor McGonagall had held him back for and then told them that he was going to see Snape. He had been wanting to talk to him all day and hadn't had the chance yet.

Up in the boys' dormitory, Harry pulled the key from where it now hung from a thin gold chain around his neck. Hermione had transfigured the chain from an old shoelace and Harry was once again reminded of just how clever she was.

The door appeared at once when he thought of their dungeon rooms and Harry stepped through quickly, immediately noticing that Snape wasn't there. He checked the kitchen but found it empty as well.

"Snape!" he called out and waited for a reply. He supposed he could just search their rooms, but for some reason, he felt odd about doing that. Technically, he didn't live here while school was going on and usually while he was here, he only went to his own room if he wasn't in the parlor or kitchen. Suddenly, he seemed to feel very much like a guest here and he found that he didn't like that feeling at all.

"I'm in the lab, Harry!"

Harry walked down the hallway to Snape's lab and opened the door, sticking only his head inside as he scanned the room for his guardian. It took only a second to see him standing in front of a simmering cauldron with his back turned to him.

"Don't just stand in the doorway, Harry. Come inside," Snape said as he picked up a vial of something blue and slowly poured it into the cauldron.

Harry came fully into the room and crossed over to stand beside Snape.

"What are you brewing?" he asked as he eyed the potion. "It looks like the same stuff you were working on over the summer."

"That's because it is. It's for Remus as he's been feeling ill as of late."

Harry nodded. "Does he stay sick a lot, then?"

"Sometimes," Snape said as he stirred the potion slowly. "Though I'll thank you to not ask him about it or broadcast it to the entire school."

"I wouldn't!" Harry said, offended that Snape would think that about him. "What's wrong with him?"

"That's his business to tell if he chooses. Though if you're worried, I can at least tell you that it's not life threatening and your favorite professor will not be out of commission long."

Harry almost grinned as he looked up at him. "I never said he was my favorite professor."

Snape scoffed. "You didn't need to. We barely have a conversation without you bringing him up in some way or another."

"Jealous?" Harry asked with a smirk as he stood back so that Snape could pass by him to get to the cabinet where his potions were stored.

"Hardly," he replied as he surveyed the potions before picking up a larger container with what looked to Harry like green slime.