War Has Descended

November 21, 886 A.E. (After Dark Elven Rule)

Callum Leolan

  In the vast floral city of Ishenora, a literal verdant oasis, was nestled in the Northeastern part of the Kingdom. It encompassed an ample swath of the continent of Alynthia. The floral notes of the continent had existed almost since the continent had formed. But it had been reformed, trimmed and cut down because of the industrial needs of the businesses of centuries past. And had been to this day. But in certain sections of this city, it was abundant. The trees were neck to neck with each other in line with the street paths. Strolls along the Hemtani River would have tourists observe an abundance of tulips, orchids and straddling ferns growing out of their sidewalks.

  Red maple taverises paint the city a colorful orange maple when the winds pick up in the late second half of the year. With residents having soft breezes blow in their faces. On beautiful nights a citizen could be fooled into believing with the expert designed architecture and the delicious aromas wafting in and around the city every night that the Elven Lord had done his people proud. And with the money that flowed in during that time he would have been marking a peaceful and affluent time in Ishenora. But this was not that time.

  Firash's discontentment for things that were fair and for the masses was evident. Yes, he liked the decadent, and the extravagant but only if they were for his discontented Elves. He repeatedly admonished the King in giving the humans more rights than the elf born had in his Kingdom. So much so Firash had the city sectioned off from the rest of the Kingdom. Firash controlled most everything that happened in the city.

 The city was larger than most of the cities in the Kingdom. He had his orc soldiers on the lookout all throughout the eastern area of the city. Firash acknowledged with this extra land he had created there was more opportunity to expand his army. In the expanding of it, he banned citizens from the northern and southern sections from visiting it unless they went through certain protocols.

  So, he campaigned in the elite offices to grab and trade different warring lands or fields with generals and confidants. Once he got it, he grabbed the maps to advance his agenda. He left native animals and plants to graze and grow there. But what really set it apart was that he had Dark Elves at every event and every tournament arena in the Kingdom. They stood at attention with their strong backs and posture for hours on end. It had many wondering if they ever slept.

  Fenmenor Firash's Dark Elf squadron were to do his bidding anytime anywhere. And that grew on residents attending schools, work, concerts and Fenti matches. Plus he had security at the localized tournaments to monitor the matches so he could build and train with the best. He was aware of his power and exclusivity. And Dark Elves that were loyal to him. This war faction within the Kingdom challenged the human authority. They were unfavorable to the essence of Elven law. Firash saw this and smiled. But he couldn't advance his dark agenda without the Gems of the Ancient Elven lands. The Gems' power was incorporated in the scrolls.

  The gems were placed next to the scrolls initially, but for fear of their known enemies finding them they were placed separately from the others. Six Gems for hiding places in their monasteries within Ishenora. Not one single warrior knew where all of them were. But they knew that they held power, enormous power. Callum Leolan was one of those elf warriors that knew. He had been stationed as a young teen with the Elder watching over one of the monasteries in the Northern district. It hurt him as he was left speechless and defenseless as the mysterious Dark Elves crept in and tried to steal artifacts, one of them being the Tome of Souls, that gave the gems the power and all ruling life in Ishenora.

  With his scant martial arts training before he chose to serve the island's elite guards, he was no match for Firash's forces. That was why he doubled down in the Elven martial arts after the break in. Day after day he was awash in the teachings of the Elven scrolls. His master before he was killed for defying Firash taught him the essential moves in the arts. He taught him the code that all elven warriors lived by. The fundamental principles in the code were three things. Honor, dedication and discipline. That was what he and all of the elf monks in Ishenora lived by. And protecting that at any cost.