(015.) thanksgiving dinner

₊ ° ˑ ✧・˚ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐑

₊ ° ˑ ✧・˚ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐑 . . ! ₊ ° ˑ ✧・˚
❝ you know, richard, if there's one thing i've learned, its that family isnt always defined by blood .. ❞ ˚₊‧ ⊹

I SAT NEXT TO ISAAC, who was watching lee cut the turkey

"i thought rowan was coming." he asked.

"nope."

"seriously?"

"yup." i replied, "i talked to him."

"you did?" isaac's eyes lit up.

i nodded my head, "im sorry for not trusting you or believing about what you said."

"don't worry about it." he smiled, lightly elbowing me.

"alright guys lets all have a seat!" george cleared his throat, "i thought before we dive in, why dont we go around the table and share what we're thankful for this year?"

"cole let's start with you." katherine smiles.

"uh, i guess im grateful that the broncos didnt actually wipe out this year." cole started.

everybody at the table began to say what they were thankful for.

"im thankful for the long weekend and the chance to watch a bunch of movies." danny nodded.

"im just grateful that i didnt have to cook today," alex laughed, "and you all should be too."

"im grateful that i had a chance to find out more about the native day of mourning." nathan said.

"i dont feel like it." lee says.

"well, im grateful, um that the ladies love me for my charm and my good looks." isaac smiles, earning laughs from around the table, "and we're both grateful to be a part of this family, right lee?"

"and we love having you in it." katherine speaks up.

the rest of us finished saying our thanks and began to eat. soon enough, the table erupted with laughter as we went around sharing stories.