(001.) nicknames

₊ ° ˑ ✧・˚ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐑

₊ ° ˑ ✧・˚ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐑 . . ! ₊ ° ˑ ✧・˚
❝ oh so we're on nickname terms now? i see .. ❞ ˚₊‧

MY SISTER JACKIE AND I were patiently waiting at the airport

MY SISTER JACKIE AND I were patiently waiting at the airport. I stared at the dotted ceiling as drake blasted from my headphones. i let out a huff as minutes pass by.

we were in colorado, waiting for our mom's close friends to pick us up. it wasn't much different from new york. actually a lot different. no skyscrapers or busy streets. it was quiet.

dont get me wrong, i love new york but something about the quiet made me feel safe. my mom always told me how she reminded me of the quiet; calm and peaceful. i was the quiet kid growing up; my head was either stuck in a book or my mind was in a different place. before she passed, she would tell me that colorado was a place that she wanted the whole family to go to. of course that didn't end up happening due to a series of unfortunate events, but here i am now.

"stop that will you?" jackie snapped in an irritating tone.

"stop what, this?" i retorted, letting out another huff.

"bingo!" my sister exclaimed with sarcasm, "now please for the love of God, just stay still they should be here soon."

"whatever." i replied, rolling my eyes with sass.

"jackie! avery!" a woman called, running up to us.

the warm expression on her face brought me comfort, something i hadn't felt in a minute. her smile looked genuine and sympathetic.

jackie stood up from her seat to greet the woman with an embrace, "hi!"

I followed my sisters lead and smiled at katherine and her husband.

"avery!" katherine grinned, also hugging me.

"hi!" I spoke shyly.

"don't be fooled, she has a big mouth." said jackie, winking at me playfully.

"i'm so happy you girls are here." she smiles.

"thanks katherine."

"remember george?" katherine asks, patting his back.