He's Amazing

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

Mia

I waited for Nate to finish his practice for the day sitting with Kenzie and Bailey while we talked, joking with each other and eating junk food. By junk food, I mean I stole some of Nate's spicy chips from his backpack and bought sodas.

After we were done, we each headed in our own directions. Jordan took off with Kenzie, Bailey was picked up by Asher, and I left with Nate. I felt bad as I took off, I had completely forgotten that Kevin wanted to catch up with me. But maybe it's for the best we don't talk so much.

For one, I don't want any further arguments with Jade, and I definitely don't want Nate to get the wrong idea of us.

"So, where to? We have the rest of the afternoon free. No work, Kenzie said you finished homework while you waited, and I have no homework today, other than reading. Do you want to go eat something, or go back to your house? Maybe mine?" he asked, making me bite my bottom lip, pondering as I smiled at him.

"How about we get takeout from your grandma's new place, and go back to your place? Audrey is making Steven paint the kid's room today, so it's going to be a little crazy there today." I said, making him chuckle. Steven is a cool guy, and the best brother-in-law, but he's crazy. I think that's why my sister is always on his toes, making sure he's not getting himself into trouble.

"Sounds great. Anything you want, baby," he says as he makes a turn toward his grandma, Riley's restaurant, and grabs my hand, pulling it against his lips and kissing my knuckles softly.

"My God, he's making me crazy. He's so amazing." I think to myself as I stare at him like a dummy, feeling the butterflies in my stomach flutter like crazy. He smiles, realizing I'm staring at him.

We make it in, order our food, and go back to his place. When we got there, his mom, Sophie, and his dad, Logan were in the kitchen singing and cooking together. Man, I envy them. They have such a beautiful relationship, and I get why so many in town envy them. They're the perfect couple and you can just see the way they look at each other with so much love.

Logan twirls Sophie around, hugging her as they sway, dancing together. I giggle as Logan begins to sing as if he were impersonating Elvis, making Sophie chuckle. I could tell she was blushing as she buried her head in his neck, causing Logan to sing louder, and making her burst laughing louder.

Nate is amused, smiling from ear to ear as he comes behind me, wrapping his arms around me. "Come on, the two love birds are busy in there. I guess you can see now why our dinner is a little later than most families," he says, making me chuckle.

"They're so cute," I say as he pulls me by my arm and we make our way to his room.

But when we got to his room, I could hear giggling, making us look at each other and smile. "No, not like that, Danny. Color inside the lines. It looks messy!" Nate's little sister, Ruth says as Nate opens the door.

"Hey! What's going on in here, huh?" Nate says, making them startled as they both get up and start running, "Hurry, Ruthie. The big bad wolf is here. He's going to get us!" Danny says, making Nate place the food trays on the floor and growls playfully. They squeal, running around the room until Nate grabs Ruthie and begins to tickle her on her stomach.

He throws her softly on the bed, making her giggle. Danny pretends to protect her, jumping on top of Nate on his back and Nate grabs him, throwing him softly over his shoulder and tickles him. I can't help but admire him. He's so good with his siblings. It makes my heart swell, and feel warmth inside. He's truly amazing, and I'm just now realizing that I am not taking advantage of this relationship as I would have wanted.

"Not fair. Mia, Ruthie... help me! Get the big monster wolfie off of me!" Danny yells, making me chuckle. I can't help it though, I take my phone out and record them, but the fun is short lived as Nate gets up, whispering at them and my eyes go wide. They slowly go over to me, caging me in between them and the wall. "No. No. Not me. Please!" I say, holding my hands out and making them give me evil smirks.

"Get her!" Ruthie points her little finger at me, throwing her beautiful jet-black hair behind her shoulders as they run. I am surrounded, Nate grabs me by the waist, throwing me over his shoulder like a potato sack, and before I know it I'm on his bed being tickled by the three.

"What's going on in here?" Sophie and her husband Logan come in, laughing as they see me struggling to get away from their tickling attack. "Help me!" I squeal, making them chuckle. "Oh, a tickle frenzy!" she says, and her twins, Sam and Tony barge in grabbing Nate's pillows and start swinging them around, hitting Nate on his back. I'm able to finally get away as they attack him, and he has one of the twin's hoists on his back, the other one swinging the pillow at both as Danny and Ruthie run to their parents to tickle them.

I join the Twins, hitting Nate playfully with the other pillow. The attack goes on until we have a stomach ache from so much laughing and we are too tired to continue.

"Alright, you guys. Dinner is ready. Go wash up and take a seat." Sophie announces, making the Twins pout. "Awe, but I was in the middle of a game. Five more minutes, Mom!" Tony says, giving her a pout.

"Listen to your mom, son," Logan says, giving him a stern look. "Ok, sir. Come on Sam. Let's go wash our hands and tell the guys to keep playing without us."

"But... we are in the middle of a tournament. Please, Dad!" Sam says, getting a warning look from Sophie. "Ok. We're going," he adds, hanging his head and making her laugh.

"Will you two be? Nevermind. I'll bring some drinks for you guys. Make sure to get some dessert before you both go to sleep ok?" Sophie says, looking to the side and seeing that we have gotten food. I smile, sitting on Nate's bed and hugging the pillow. "Thanks, mom. Will do."

"Thank you, Mrs. Spencer," I say, making her chuckle. "It's Sophie, Mia. The whole Mrs makes me feel so old," she says, making me chuckle.

"Sorry. And... thank you, Sophie." I say, making her smile. She turns, winks at us, and grabs Logan's hand, pulling him with her out of the room.

I look to my side and see Danny and Ruthie still looking at us, then Sophie opens the door. "You two, Wash up, now," she says pointing at Danny and Ruthie, making them chuckle as they dash out of the room in giggles.

I've always loved Nate's family and with good reason. They are a wonderful family, always in such a good mood. Sure, they have their ups and downs, and Sophie has had a few arguments with Logan, but, I admire the way they always make things work. You can just see the way they love each other. I love that, and I love that Nate is just as attentive and loving as his dad.

Don't get me wrong, my family is amazing too. But we're all grown, and my childhood was mainly spent inside a therapist's office, where I had to sit down and talk about my traumas. Nate's family... they have a way of making me feel at ease, and Nate has especially been there for me when I most needed someone to cry on. He's more than amazing, and he's mine... all mine. I smile, hitting my lip as I feel a surge of butterflies invade my stomach as he wraps his hands around my waist, pulling me against him as he takes my lips on his softly.

God, he makes me melt. I love this guy so much.

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨