Chapter Thirty-nine

"Hey

"Hey..." Orvar caressed my cheek before his fingers gently gripped my chin and lifted my head to meet his eyes. "Why are you suddenly looking sad?" he asked, his brows rising.

"I'm not sad." I was a little, but I didn't want to tell him, because that would surely ruin his mood. The man was happy he'd finally felt his baby kick for the first time, and I wasn't going to let my gloomy emotional thoughts spoil that.

I stood on my toes and wrapped my arms around his neck, looking up at him. "I'm happy," I added with a smile. And that was true too. I kissed his mouth, then let my head rest against his chest.

We stood like that for a while until Orvar let his hands slide down my back and over my behind, cupping both buttocks, before he pulled me in, softly pressing himself against my belly.

"Is the baby still kicking?" he asked.

I shook my head. "No. All quiet." I nuzzled against his chest and took in his scent. Gods, I wished I could wear him like perfume. Eau de Orvar. I chuckled, rubbing my nose in his chest hair.

"What now?" he asked, smiling.

"You... you just smell good."

I pressed little kisses against his warm gray skin and I didn't know why, but there was this sudden urge to please him, to make him even happier than he already felt. So happy that he couldn't possibly feel sad tonight.

My hands traveled lower and found his bulge, his cock immediately twitching underneath the smooth brown leather when I rubbed it a few times.

It's not like I'd never touched his cock in these past months—I'd touched it plenty of times—but I wasn't often the one who took charge. I suppose I always let Orvar take the lead because he was more experienced in this field, while I knew...well...nothing that he hadn't told or taught me.

Orvar released a rumble from his throat and looked at me with dark eyes. His Adam's apple jerked up and down a few times, before he asked, "Is this that call for my assistance?"

"Or... I could provide you with some assistance..." I unbuttoned the top button of his trousers and his eyes darkened even more, eyelids growing heavy while his black tongue darted out of his mouth and wetted his bottom lip. "If you like," I added.

Another button popped open.

My other hand slid up, fingertips running through the coarse black hair that grew under his navel, before my fingers traveled up, stroking his chest, and up and up some more, until they were combing through his long black silky hair, the strands so soft, I was envious. "I'd like to do that for a change. Just you. Not me."

The man clenched his jaw. "How can I refuse whatever my woman wants?" he asked while I wrapped one of his long braids around my hand two times.

"I guess you can't." I tugged at the braid, pulling Orvar's head closer to mine so he was near enough for me to kiss him.