Twenty-seven - Dripstone Cave

"This place is truly beautiful," I said, looking at Orvar

It was as if we ended up in another world. A magical one. Where it was just him and I, and these strange gray and white dripstones that Mother Nature had created. They were just like Orvar—rough and hard and perhaps not as beautiful as a colorful, delicate flower, but all the more special.

The sound of water drops falling down echoed through the cave, yet the thing I heard was the nervous pounding of my own heartbeat, thumping and whooshing in my ears. We were here all alone. Just him and I. And we had a few good hours to spend together.

Orvar gazed back at me, his eyes shimmering with golden glints. "Yes, rather beautiful..." he answered, his voice soft and deep.

"Thank you, Orvar. I love it." I loved that he took me to a place like this.

A growl escaped his lips before he said, "Okay, that does it, woman."

He abruptly strode towards me and pressed his lips against mine. He kissed me with hunger and passion. But also with gentleness, making sure he wouldn't injure me with those piercing teeth of his.

"I've been thinking about this all day long," his hot mouth whispered into my own, forehead pressed against mine. My knees were weak. If it weren't for his large arms holding onto me, I would have surely lost my balance.

"Me too," I replied. "Every day."

It was true. I'd been thinking about this every day. For weeks. I had waited for it since the moment we last parted. I wished for more than I had gotten that time he pushed me against the tree at Amira's house. I wished to be closer to him, to feel him everywhere, inside and out. I wanted him to repeat what he had done to me during that one special night.

I wrapped my arms around Orvar's neck when he placed his hands under my ass and picked me up as if I weighed no more than a feather. As his hands kneaded my behind, I encircled his waist with my legs, clutching onto him as he was clutching onto me. He kissed me differently now—deeper and slower.

I tried to remember everything he did, everything I felt. His lips and tongue stroking against mine, the way he smelled, how smooth his hair felt as it ran through my fingers, how prickly his other hair felt against my cheek, how rough his skin was underneath my fingertips, and the firmness of his big, broad shoulders.

"Damn it, Gyda," he breathed against my lips while guiding my hips with his hands, grinding my crotch against his abs.

And against something hard that pushed through his leather trousers.

I gasped, knowing all too well what that huge, hard bulge concealed...

"I did not h-have my monthly b-bleeding," I panted, not knowing why I suddenly felt the desire to share this news with him at this very moment, but I'd blurted the words out in the heat of the moment.