Sixteen - What has she done?

"Who's a man now?" Vildon said, looking at Betsy and me with a smug expression on his face

"We know you are, Vildon...we know," Betsy replied, flipping that flat sweet-stinking circle she was baking in the pan. She sighed. "Because you've been telling us for half an hour now."

"Yup. And I took her five times last night," he then said, gloating. "I painted that womb. I drenched and stuffed it. Plowed and sowed it with my powerful seed."

Betsy elbowed my side. "Oi, Orvar," she hissed.

"What?" I glared at her.

"Compliment him," she then whispered. "Can't you see he wants your attention?"

"Oh, uh..." I looked at Vildon. "Good job." I slapped the boy on his back. "You did well."

"And did you hear I fucked her five times? If that doesn't secure me a son, I don't know what will. But...what's wrong with you, commander?" Vildon asked, a little confused. "Was that woman you chose not right for you, after all?"

"She was perfectly fine," I replied before I turned to Betsy. "Are you almost done, woman?"

"Yeah, yeah, almost. Do not push me, Orvar. It was you who said I had to make something other than the usual breakfast. Remember?"

"I know, but I didn't mean you had to go all out on this."

"Well, I like your girl," she answered. "And I remember"—she started chuckling—"during my own breeding moon visit, Ston gave me some of that shit you people serve for breakfast, and I'm telling you, you cannot serve these girls half-raw goat stew in the morning. Ugh...bunch of crazy orcs." I growled at her in reply and now it was Betsy glaring at me. "And I have to agree with Vildon about you. You don't seem to be yourself. What's bothering you?" she asked, stacking the round cakes on a pile, then putting the plate on a tray. "Did it not go well last night?"

Betsy rubbed over her big belly and I suddenly had a vision of Gyda caressing her belly in a few months from now. Her belly, filled by me.

"Yeah, Orvar." Vildon chuckled. "Wasn't your cock clean enough for that bitch or something?"

"Shut up, fool." I punched his nose, agitated by the tone in his voice.

"F-fuck, man! I- I think you broke it!" he yelled, rubbing over his now crooked nose.

"Just push it back into place," I replied, grabbing the tray with breakfast and walking out of the kitchen, not paying any more attention to Vildon who growled and cursed me to death in the background.

I loved him like a little brother, even though he was usually a pain in the ass and always full of shit. But today, I couldn't deny he was right about me. Something was bothering me, and it was hard to put my finger on the thing that troubled me the most.

Oh, what has she done to my mind?

The breeding night was already over, yet here I was, walking through these mountain corridors like some servant who was eager to offer her this special breakfast, hoping she would be happy when I did.