Johnlock (Sherlock Holmes & John Watson)

Hello again! If you haven't already seen series 3 (mainly the last episode) of the BBC Sherlock, you shouldn't read this unless you want MAJOR spoilers! But let's face it, if you're a Sherlockian, you've already seen it and you're probably already insane while waiting for series 3! XD ENJOY!

___________________________________________________________________

John's POV:

I sit on the bed that used to belong to my best friend and let all the tears that I've been holding in spill out. I couldn't handle it anymore. Why did he do it? Visions of him jumping off that roof, hearing his last words to me, all of it was taking over me. Why did he have to be... dead?

To at least attempt to get the thoughts and images out of my head, I decide it's best to leave this room now. I was moving out of 221B Baker Street. And I quit my job at the hospital. There are too many reminders everywhere I go. I moved into a flat alone a few blocks away from here. Mrs. Hudson, of course, stayed at 221B. Everyone I used to talk to was now gone. I practically muted myself from the world.

A while after putting the last on my junk where I wanted it, I took a walk to the store to get more milk. I had to walk. Taxis reminded me of him as well. I walked out of my flat and headed down the street, looking down at my feet. I arrived in the store and payed for my milk. I walked out the doors, hearing the bell ring as I left.

I look up for a split second as someone ran past me. They were wearing a long black coat and had curly hair... No, John. It's not him. Give it up. I told myself. Curiosity and a lot of desperation got the best of me. As I break out running, I see the man turn his head. Is it him? ... It can't be! He's dead... DEAD JOHN! I yelled in my head. Why was I still running?!

The man turned the corner. I was moving too slow. I had to keep running. What IF. I dropped the milk, letting it crash and break open on the ground.

I reached the corner that the man turned at and he was no where to be seen. I stopped and stood there looking up at the sky. My eyes started to get blurry with tears. I sat on the curb, putting my head on my knees and curling my arms around my legs. After about a minute of sitting still, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. It made me jump a bit. I didn't know who could possibly be texting me. I didn't talk to anyone...

I clicked open, wiping the blur out of my eyes.

"Keep running. -SH"

I heart started pounding. Was this real? How could this be real? I didn't care. I stood up quickly and started to sprint full speed down the street. When I got to the end of the block, I stopped. My phone buzzed again.

"Left. -SH"

I couldn't believe this. I turned left and ran down the whole block quickly. I stopped and waited to see if my phone would vibrate again. It actually did.

"Right. Last turn. Third building down. -SH"

I ran even though I was completely out of breath. I knocked on the door of the third building down. It was the abandoned store. The building that hasn't been used for years. It didn't take long for someone to open the door.

Was it Sherlock? I wondered as my heart started beating even faster.

A face emerged from behind the door. It took me several moments to comprehend. The face resembled that of Sherlock's... But how? How could this be happening? He jumped off a building. I saw him bleeding, laying dead on the pavement.

"Sh-Sherlock?" I hesitated.

"John, it's really me." The deep voice of Sherlock spoke.

"But - But how?"

"Come in." Sherlock gestured his hand to tell me to come in.

Shaking, I walked into the building. To my surprise, there was furniture.

"Do you live here?" I asked, my voice very shaky.

"Yes." Sherlock said.

"But why did you fake everything? How could you do that to me?" My voice got more loud and stern.

"I'm so sorry, John. I needed to."

"Why?" I desperately asked.

"I'm awaiting the day I can tell you." He said.

I looked down to my lap as I sat across from him. I felt his eyes still staring at me.

"I've missed you so much. I promise, I'll tell you someday. For now, I need to stay here though. Someday I can come back. I just needed to tell you that I'm alive. I've seen you on the streets looking depressed and I saw you at the graveyard... I just couldn't handle it."

I had started crying. I stood up. Sherlock stood up with me.

"John, please don't go."

I hugged Sherlock tightly. "I'm not planning on it."

"You can stay here if you'd like. But I can't leave here for too long."

We pulled out of the hug. I opened my mouth to speak but Sherlock shook his head and said. "I'll explain soon. I can't now."

-1 Month Later-

"That's really how you did it?" I asked in disbelief.

Sherlock nodded his head.

"And now you're free to leave this place?" I asked.

He nodded again.

"What do you say, wanna move back into 221B?" I asked. "Mrs. Hudson misses me. She even probably misses you." I smiled.

"I think I can now." He smiled. His eyes flickered with joy in the light.

We walked out hand in hand and went to my new place to move my junk back to Baker Street.

As we placed our skeleton head back onto the fireplace where it belonged, Sherlock asked, "wanna go solve some crimes?"

I grinned. "Absolutely."