Hikaru & Kaoru

Hey! I haven't posted a one shot in a while so here we go! If you're not a fan of Ouran High School Host Club, please don't think I'm a freak for writing this! Hikaru and Kaoru are twins from this anime. Yes, they're brothers... And I ship them... Along with just about every other OHSHC fan! Trust me, if you watched it, you'd ship them too! If you don't watch it, you might think this one shot is a bit on the weird side. I swear I don't write about sex or anything.... XD But hey... They're anime characters... Do the rules of brothers dating really apply here? Please say no XD

________________________________________________________________

Hikaru and Kaoru were alone as children. They knew not to trust anyone else around them. They only trusted each other. Besides, no one was worthy of their friendship... No one could even tell them apart. So what if they were identical twins? A true friend would be able to simply tell them apart.

They've tried to make a friend once. That didn't work out too well.

"Hey, Hikaru and Kaoru!" She never addressed them one by one... It was always Hikaru and Kaoru.

"Hey, Akari." They both said.

She walked up to the boys and asked, "why have you guys asked me to come over?" For a twelve year old girl, she always sounded so proper... Probably because she was rich. Hikaru and Kaoru were extremely rich as well but they never bothered to speak in a way that showed it.

"We've decided we can't be your friend." They said, simply.

"W-What?" She asked, her smile turning into a frown.

"We can't be your friend anymore. Well, you have two options... You can play the Which One's Hikaru Game or you can just walk out now." Kaoru said staring at her with a blank face. Hikaru stood there looking just as blank faced as his brother.

"How could you do this to me?" She asked with tears forming in her eyes. "You've been so nice to me for the past year and now you decide to tell me we can't be friends? You guys are such jerks!"

"Well actually it's only been eleven months..." Kaoru said matter-of-factly.

Akari didn't say anything. All she did was cup her hands over her eyes and cry as she ran out of their house into the pouring rain and ran to her house which was close by.

"She didn't even try to play the game..." Kaoru said looking over at Hikaru.

"I know.... Shows she's no friend of ours." Hikaru said shrugging.

They hadn't heard from Akari for the next couple days. It didn't come as a surprise to them. They had treated her rather horribly. But oh well... She deserved it.

Around a week after Akari ran crying from their house, a crying women showed up at their door. The twins stood by the door, yet out of sight, and watched as their maid talked with the women who was sobbing horrendously. They couldn't make out the words but still stood there. As their maid slowly closed the door, she turned and saw the twins standing like statues over near the corner.

"Get over here." She said sounding scared and hurt. As they reached her, she asked in a shaky voice, "what did you two say to that poor little girl, Akari?"

"Nothing. We just told her that she could either play the Which One's Hikaru Game or she could leave and we couldn't be her friend anymore." Hikaru explained.

"How dare you do that to her? You know what you made her do?!" She was screaming now.

When the two boys failed to speak, the maid started to yell again. "That poor, innocent little girl committed suicide! It's all your guys' fault! Go up to your rooms now! I can't believe the two of you! You make me sick with those twisted minds of yours." This maid didn't understand though. She didn't know what made them like this... If only she did. She definitely wouldn't be scolding them like this... Or at least not this harshly.

They quickly walked up to their rooms. They both, however, went into Hikaru's room and sat on his bed criss-crossed and just stared at each other, unaware of what to say.

Kaoru squeezed his legs against his chest and rested his chin on his knees. "Are we horrible people?" He said.

"I don't know. Maybe." Hikaru said looking down at his lap.

"We're the reason a girl committed suicide. I think we both know what this means. We should just never trust anyone ever again. We can just trust each other. Forever. We don't need anyone else." Kaoru explained picking up his head. Hikaru also looked up and nodded his head in agreement.

From that day on for many years, they stayed together. Just the two of them. They never considered it being alone exactly. They were a pair. Whenever someone would try to become a friend of theirs, they would simply push them away. It's what was best for everyone. 

That is, of course, until they joined the Host Club. It was formed by Tamaki Suou. A very ... interesting person with big violet eyes. They've met people who they could maybe even call friends. They were nervous though. They were always nervous when it came to making friends and they always would be... They tried to make it work though. And they must say... It was going along pretty well.

________________________________________________

Well, there you go! As this mostly took place when they were 12, there wasn't really any romance. I just thought I'd type up something that could have happened when they were little. I really hope y'all liked it. If you did, please be sure to vote and comment <3. And sorry if it's a total bunch of poo. My mind was blank! D: I'll write more of these two in the future probably with more romance! Thanks! Byeeeeee.