Chapter Four: The phone number

I started tuning my guitar. It wasn't that hard to do since I had to do it a lot. I strummed the strings to my guitar to make sure it sounded good to play.

"Okay I'm ready," I said. I started playing the song. I only played the beginning because I didn't know how to do the whole song. A few seconds later I was done and I didn't mess up anything note. I looked up to see all of them having impressed faces.

"Wow, that's really good," Miles said. I started to blush.

"Thanks." I said.

"So Lucy I made this song up and I wanna see how good you can sing it, I also have the cords to it so we can play while you sing." Ace said. He handed each of us a piece of paper.

"Okay," Lucy said. We began to set up. Andrew on the drums, Miles on the guitar, Ace on the base, Lucy at the microphone and I on the guitar. We all skimmed through the paper. This wasn't too bad not the hardest notes I've played before. We started to play and damn we sounded fucking good. We continued to play for about two minutes until the door opened. We stopped playing and looked at the door to see Vince.

"Hey it's getting dark, I don't know what time your parents want you home I'm just letting you guys know." Vince said standing at the door.

"Okay thank you, Lucy and I should be heading out," I said. Vince nodded and left closing the door. I looked out the window to see it was getting pretty dark. I grabbed my guitar and moved it so it was now on my back. Lucy came over to help me carry my ampt.

"Well we'll see you guys tomorrow, I don't know what time but we'll come here tomorrow. " Lucy said while picking up one of the sides.

"Okay see you tomorrow guys," the boys said to Lucy and I. We headed out of the room and down the stairs.

"I heard you guys playing you guys are pretty damn good," Nikki said.

"Yeah fucking good." Tommy said excitedly, while we were heading out of the door.

"Thank you we'll see you tomorrow maybe," Lucy said. We got to the car and Lucy started driving down the road.

"We need a band name." I said. I looked over to see Lucy trying to think of a name.

"Hmm maybe the white bunnies?" Lucy asked.

"No that's to, like, girly." I said.

"We should come up with one with the whole band tomorrow," Lucy said.

"Yeah." I said. We finally got to Lucy's house. Lucy and I got out of the car and walked up the porch and opened the door. We didn't bother bringing my things in because we were too tired.

"We're home!" Lucy shouted. We walked up the stairs into Lucy's room.

"Did you girls have fun, any boys I need to know about?" Lucy's mom said jokingly.

"Yeah we did we found some guys that we hung around with, we're making a band with them." I said.

"Wow that's amazing, also Tegan your dad called, he said he wanted to check up on you to see how you're doing. I told him you would call him later so I think you should call him." Lucy's mom said.

"Okay thanks for letting me know," I said. Her mom left closing the door on her way out.

"You want to call him?" Lucy asked me. I looked at her and sighed.

"Not really but I know I need to so he doesn't bug me, you know?" I said.

"Yeah," Lucy said. I went over to the phone that was hanging on the wall in Lucy's room. I dialed my dad's number and put the phone to my ear. It rang until my dad answered.

"Who's this." My dad answered annoyingly.

"It's me, Tegan, Lucy's mom told me you called but I wasn't here to answer." I said.

"Right. So umm how's LA?" My dad asked me. I was surprised he asked me. Lucy came over and put her head closer to the phone so she could hear what's happening.

"Good, why are you asking?" I asked.

"Just wondering. Have you found Mallory yet?" My dad asked me. He was being really weird.

"Not yet." I said. I looked over to Lucy and mouthed, what the fuck, to her. She shrugged her shoulders.

"Hey so I'm calling to tell you that, your mother and I are, umm, getting divorced. I found out she was hooking up with random guys from the bar and bringing them home," my dad said.

"Oh ok." I said. I wasn't really that sad but it was a lot to take in at the moment. Lucy looked over at me to see if I was sad or not, I didn't look at her.

"Also I found Mallory's number. I found it in an old letter she sent to us when she got to L.A." My dad said.

"Really! Can you give it to me?" I asked. I was very happy. Lucy looked at me and had a huge smile on her face.

"Yeah," my dad said. He gave me her number and I wrote it down.

"Thank you so, so much!" I said. I was jumping up and down.

"I have to go, good talking to you Tegan. Tell me how it goes with Mallory, okay?" My dad said.

"Okay," I said back. I put the phone back on the wall and looked over to see Lucy.

"Imma call her, I hope he isn't lying because if he is imma personally beat the living shit outta him." I said.

"Yeah go ahead, did you want some privacy?" Lucy asked me.

"No I want you to stay here." I said.

"Okay. Are you, are you okay? With the divorce, I don't really know much about it but I'm here if you need to talk." Lucy said.

"Yeah, I'm alright, just, just a lot to take in, ya know? I said.

"Yeah." She said. I started dialing the number into the phone. I put the phone up to my ear and it started to ring.

"Hello?" Someone answered. Lucy and I looked at each other. I took a deep breath and answered.,

"Is this Mallory? Mallory Jones?" I asked.

"Who's asking?" The person on the other line asked.

"It's Tegan your sister." I replied.

————-————-—————
I hope you like it.

I will make the story more interesting.

Please stay for the rest of the story:)

Word count: 1104