Chapter One: Moving

"Hey Tegan get your ass down here!" My father yelled.

"Okay coming." I shouted back at him getting out of my small bed. My room wasn't much, it is a white room with wood floors. My guitars were hanging on the wall with my ampt in the corner. Music sheets were scatterd around. There were small holes in the wall from when I would get angry. I had no door since my dad took it off because I kept locking myself in there. I ran down stairs quickly. I looked outside to see only one car, my dads. My mom was probably out at a bar again hooking up with random guys. I see my dad where he always is if he's not at the bar, on the couch watching the news. I walk up to him.

"Go get me a beer." My father said to me. Is that really why he called me down here to go get him a fucking beer.

"Okay," i said not wanting to get beat by the baseball bat again. Last time I wanted to see what would happen if I said no, it didn't go so good and he hit me with a bat. I walk to the kitchen and open the fridge to find three packs of beer and barely any food. Damn i need to go to the store soon. I really do everything for my parents.

"What's taking you so damn long!" My father shouted at me. I knew he was getting angry. I grabbed the beer and ran back to him.

"Here," I said. He took it and opened it almost chugging the whole thing. I was walking back upstairs.

"Hey the hell are you going! Where is your fuck'n mother?" He said shouting at me while I turned back to look at him. He had bags under his red eyes from not sleeping or drinking too much and doing drugs.

"I don't know. She's probably at the bar again like she always is." I said sharply. Why would he care anyway. All I want to do is go to Lucy's house to write songs with her.

"Don't give me that fucking attitude Teagan, you know better." he yelled. Damn didn't know I had an attitude.

"Okay," I said softly. I continued to walk upstairs. He didn't say anything else so I kept walking. I went back upstairs and into my room.  I opened my window and climbed out then went to the tree with vines on it and climbed down. I really hope my dad doesn't see me or he'll beat my ass. I walked down the dirt road to the street. The street was cracked and had no sidewalk. No cars would drive on the street because of how many potholes were there. I walked down the street until I saw Lucy's baby blue house. Her house was way nicer than our chipped white house. Lucy's parents were so nice, the didn't really give a fuck of what we do. I was like their second child. I walk on their grass and see a sign on it. The sign said something about moving. Oh shit. I walked up to the door and knocked on it.  Lucy opened it.

"What's the sign for?" I asked knowing exactly what it was for but hoping she wouldn't say that she's moving. She had a sad expression on her face.

"We're moving." She said sadly. She looked like she was about to cry.

"Shit. Where to?" I asked.

"LA." She said blandly.

"Damn. Can I come?" I had no clue why I said that. I mean I would really like to go with her. But I don't know about my parents, they probably wouldn't give a shit anyway. I'm just another mouth to feed even after I do every fucking thing for them.

"Seriously? I mean I can ask but what do you think your parents would say." Lucy said surprisingly.

"I mean yeah. I don't go to school anymore. My parents wouldn't give a damn and your parents probably wouldn't care because I'm like a second daughter to them." I said.

"True. Let me ask real quick, you can come in don't mind the boxes though." She said.

"Okay," I said . I really hope her parents say yes. I walked upstairs to her room. There was nothing left except for her bed. She went to go ask her parents. After a while I hear her running up the stairs.

"They said yes, but they want you to ask your parents." Lucy said happily.

"Holy shit, yessss!" I screamed. I walked out of her house. I ran down the street to my house without stopping. I see both my mom and dad's cars parked on the dirt road. I walked into the house to see them screaming their heads off at each other. They both look at me like I was an intruder.

"We need to talk." My mom said to me. My dad and I looked at each other knowing it was going to be something dumb. Even though my father and I hate each other we still had to live with the obnoxious woman. We all stood in the living room. We didn't really know what to do because we never were in the same room together. My mother was looking like she needed to say something but instead i started talking.

"Lucy is moving to LA. I really really really wanna go with her. She asked her parents and they said yes but they wanted me to ask you guys if I could go." I said.

"Shit leave. I don't give a fuck where you go you should have left with your sister a long time ago." My dad said. I gave my father the death stare. Fuck you dad.

"You sure you want to go? There are a lot of bad people there you know?" My mom asked me.

"Yeah if it means getting outta this hell hole and maybe getting to see Mallory again." I said.

"If she's not dead. I mean she's probably pregnant by some drug dealer. Or when you get there she probably won't remember you. If I was her I wouldn't want you in my life." My dad said. I was shocked.

"How fucking dare you say that you fuck'n dick. You can't just say that about her. I wished I went with her. If I did you guys would probably be dead because I do everything thing for you assholes, I did fucking everything." I said. SMACK my dad punched me right in the eye. Everyone was silent. It wasn't the first time I've been hit by him. But this, this was different, like it was the last one, the last time.

"Fuck yall im leaving." I said. Fuck that hurt. I ran upstairs. I grabbed a bag and put all of my guitars and clothes in my bag. I grabbed my ampt. And left through the window. Fuck them, fuck them, they don't deserve me. I ran all the way to Lucy's house. Damn my bag and ampt are heavy. I opened her door and went up to her room.

"They said yes!" I shouted.

"Yay. Shoot what happened to your eye?" Lucy asked me looking concerned.

"My dad started saying shit about Mallory and i basically told him to go fuck himself. Then he punched me. No big deal" I said blandly. It wasn't the first time Lucy saw me with a black eye or bruises on me. She knew what happens at my house, she could hear it every time she's outside of my house. If it wasn't for Lucy and her family I would probably be dead.

"Okay let me get an ice pack for you and I'm going to tell my parents." Lucy said.

"Okay." I said while she walked out of the bedroom.

——————————————
Hope you liked this chapter I will get into the story more on the next two chapters.

Please keep reading it will get better.

Word count: 1345