Family

~!*’ Chyna’s P.O.V. ~!*’

I Laughed lightly as me and ariella went through my dad’s scrapbook. I had photos of mason when he was younger, he look so adorable. I ran my fingers through the pictures, I missed mason. I had to see him, I looked over at ariella who was calling someone on my phone, she smiled lightly. When she got off..

Me: what?

Ariella: I miss mason, and I know you do too. Come on, we gotta go see him.

Me: how?

Ariella: the social worker called early and she wants to talk to you. I think its really urgent,

I could feel myself have a mini-heart attack. I got up quickly and grabbed my things, before I knew it. I was in Arielle’s Mini-Orange Jeep. It didn’t take a while until we were in front of a Large house with a White and Blue sign that showed ‘Brick’s Foster Home’ We pulled into the Parking Lot and rung the doorbell. It took a while and ariella got irritated so, we just walked in. It didn’t even look like a foster home, more Like a prison.  We walked up to a white desk with a old fragile woman.

Ariella: excuse me, but we came to visit a boy named Mason and we have an appointment with Mrs. Bricks

Old Lady: fill the clipboard out. Please

She doesn’t look up from her computer screen, she just pointed at the clipboard, ariella grabs it slowly but Mrs. Bricks walks in

Mrs. Bricks: There’s no need, you guys can come in. please.

I grabbed Arielle’s hand as we walked into Mrs. Bricks and sat down. She pulled out a tan portfolio that had mason’s picture and info. I stared at the floor as Mrs. Bricks spoke softly.

Mrs. Bricks: Mason is a bright student and very intelligent all qualitys for orphans(GCO)

Me: don’t, please don’t call him that.

Mrs. Bricks: am sorry, but to inform you Mason has been adopted and well be leaving soon.

My heart stopped as I stared at her.

Ariella: what?!

Me: YOU CANT DO THAT, HE’S MY BROTHER! FIRST YOU SNATCH HIM AWAY AND YOU WANT HIM TO LEAVE ME FOREVER?!

Mrs. Bricks: chyna, calm down

Me: IS THIS EVEN POSSIABLE, HUH?! DO YOU GO AROUND TAKING PEOPLE’S FAMILY,

My voice cracks as

Me: he’s all I have, left. Please, don’t take him. Please.

Mrs. Bricks gives ariella a look, then I turn to look at her but she turns away. I stare at Mrs. Bricks as she signs lightly and take off her glasses, her Blue eyes burn right through but I just stare at her…

Mrs. Bricks: we ran an DNA test on Mason and chyna am sorry. But he’s not your brother.

Ariella: …

Me: YESS! HE IS , HE IS !

I screamed, ariella grabbed me and pinned back down. My face was wet now but didn’t even notice the tears fall.

Mrs. Bricks: am NOT going to ask you again, lower your voice.

I sat down and wiped my face. This cant be happening, I cant lose mason. He’s all I have left, I lost everyone. Jacob, My parents, and Ma. This whole month has been hell. 

Mrs.Bricks: we had a DNA test done and he’s not your brother and we did find a match, but it was with another family. the family was found and now was going to adopt mason. He’s expecting you both, right this way.

I wiped my eyes, and followed behind ariella as we walked upstairs. We stopped in front of a room as Mrs.Bricks knocked at the door. She opened it slowly as two boys and mason were playing on the floor with Hot Wheels. Mason looked up instantly and smiled.

Mason: Chyna!

He ran and hugged my ankles as always, I kissed his forehead and picked him up.

Me: Mason! Hey, you remember  - - (Gco)

Mason: ARIELLA! !

He kissed her cheek and hugs her neck, I smile lightly as I give Mrs.Bricks a look, she turns away and looks at the two other boys.

Mrs.Bricks:  Angel and Jason, lets leave mason alone, ok ?

She grabs their hands, as they walk out. Ariella closes the door, and I put back mason the bed. He smiles at me with the biggest grin on his face, I plastered a fake smile as I kneeled down to face him. He had my dad’s Big Brown Hazel eyes which made everything worst, I turned away and sat across from him. How was I gonna tell my brother, that he wasn’t my real brother. That his real family was going to adopt him tomorrow and I was never going to see him again? I stared at mason as He smiled even wider.

Mason: Chyna, when are we going home.

I stared at the ground to find the right words…

Me: why, you don’t like it here?

Mason: I love it here, we get cookies and I made lots of new friends but, am tired and I wanna go home.

Me: mason, listen.

I kneeled back down again in front of him.

Me: mason, guess what ?

I smiled a fake, smile but he bought it. Jacob was the only knew when I was faking my emotions, but he was younger and he doesn’t know..I couldn’t hold my tears, I wiped them away but looked back up.

Mason: what? *smiles*

I stare at him smile, he smiles just like Jacob. I shook my head. I need to stop thinking about Jacob, we were done. He was most of the reason why, everyone hated you.. I looked up and smiled lightly

Me: um, mason. Starting tomorrow you’ll have a new family, a new grandma, a new school, new toys and you’ll be happy.

I smiled lightly, maybe this was for the best. I just wanted him to be happy, he just stared at me and changed his smile into a little frown. I could feel my tears chock me inside, this was the last time I was seeing him..

Mason: but chyna, I don’t wanna new family, chyna. I wanna go home.

Me: mason, I know and am sorry. I have to go somewhere, but I promise you’ll be happy. Ok?

Mason: chyna, are you going with grandma, mommy and daddy

I grabbed his hand lightly, I covered my hand to try to save the horriable sob that tried to escape, I turned to look at ariella who was staring at the ground shaking her head… I finally looked up at mason, he wiped my tears with the palm of his hand and smiled at me. I didn’t answer

Mason: you promise ?

Me: I promise .

Mason; I love you, chyna!

Me: I love you too, mason..

We interlocked pinkies as I cradle him into my arms, He runs out my hands and tackles Arielle’s legs into a hug. I smiled at her and looked down, as soon as he let go of ariella, Mrs.Bricks walks in.

Mrs.Bricks: visiting hours are over..

I waved to mason slowly, I slowly slipped off my bracelet that my ma, give to me. It was made out of leather and had those little belt-notches, I slipped it off and wrapped it around mason’s wrist. I smiled through my tears lightly as I kissed his cheek.

Mason: Chyna, for me ?!

I nod lightly as he kissed me back and I turned away, we waved as we left the room.

Mason: bye, chyna! Tell Gma I said hi,

He thought wrong but I wasn’t gonna correct him, I smiled as I turned away like I was going on vacation Like I explained how Ma, and Parent’s death. It was a trip, I looked away and My heart tore into two, I just lost everything I promised I would protect.. I have no one. Am official an orphan..