(12). The man on the beach.

Start from the beginning

My smile lops seeing her dark eyes on mine, she doesn't blink away, stretching in a smile to my glare instead.

Never before have I laid eyes on her, she was a vision, radiating health and youth alone with her physique.

The woman's vision blurs back into the background as Arjun's face heightened into my view "What are you staring at?"

"Hmm? oh uh nothing."

Unconvinced he whips his attention to the woman, I wanted to facepalm my forehead.

"Hmm, she's pretty" he finally turns back to say.

"Why would you look?" I peer up to him ducking my head down his shoulder.

"Why are you hiding?"

"Uhh, I don't know" i shrugged, wondering the same thing to myself. why was I cowering? couldn't blame it on my social anxiety, I'm in cahoots with the government for crying out loud.

Adjusting my head back up, instantly feeling her glare, now that I see her I can't unsee her, becoming an inescapable background. But the real question is has she always been there this whole time? And would I have noticed her if Arjun hadn't moved?

The woman was absolutely stunning, an image I have never seen before, the look in her eyes alone draws you in like a -

"But anyways -" Arjun interrupting my inner monologue, but I was grateful.

"Yea, anyways?"

"Obviously the dating world is tough and literally the chances When you meet the right person on the first try is rare, not saying it doesn't happen but rare."

Propping my left elbow on the booth, I rub my nape leaning my body out of view feeling her eyes.

"Like marrying your highschool sweetheart you know, miracles can happen. But -" The sound of his voice going soft steals my attention, a far away look in his hazed eyes, "When you meet the one, you will know", he breathes, stars swirling in the corner of his eyes.

"That spark when you first look into their eyes, the way they manipulate your oxygen making breathing incapable, but the one thing that will feel as if the deal was sealed is in the first touch."

I hadn't noticed my mouth slightly patting soaking in the information, eager to hear the rest as I furrow my brows.

"In that first touch, you would feel it, your heart will ignite." he finishes blinking away the stars to look into mine.

Is that the description of love? Trailing my eyes away to look at the decor beside us in the booth. I cower away from the fish when he is near, jumping at each sudden movement or flick of his form, he repulsed me at first but I grew to him, but was that the definition?

"Arjun I -"

"Oh hello," he says looking up to someone in our open booth, I shook from a sudden presence before trailing my eyes to the figure beside us. From the thick bronze thighs to the denim of her jean shorts, curved waist until they reach her palm sized breasts, it's her the woman at the bar, now right next to me.

"Hi" she speaks, a sensual high tone with a soothing touch, crystal clear like diamonds. Was she a singer?

"He-hello" I clear out the sudden gravel in my throat.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt, or stare I am new to the area and was looking for new people I hope that's ok?"

Frozen by her charms, "Uh yes" I chuckle, blinking out.

Arjun still entranced until I tapped on his hand lightly, quit staring, something about her presence drawing in. "Huh oh yes," he cheeses patting the seat next to him. Locs of her strands fall healthily at her movements.