(7) The return.

Ibrahim Shalako

I'm a fool.

She wraps the cloth tighter around her body closing her eyes as the boat narrows its way heading back to shore; blades slicing through the water bubbling up the surface. Everyone remaining quiet to the sounds of the night, never knowing they were being watched, within the shadows I lurked with my head above the surface, debating whether to follow my curiosity or my heart in the unsettling silence.

It was her, I finally found her. Years of roaming the seven seas she was right before me, I could have been fooled but than she spoke. I could never forget that voice, the same one that sparked my ears all those years ago. Just when I was doomed to roam the seas alone, with no one at my side there she was in the flesh.

The touch of her skin against my hands, delicate, soft and smooth. Never would I have imagined to hold her again, never would I have thought that She would recognize me.

Yet she did, or as per my assumptions.

The lights of the boat disappeared, leaving me to float in the darkness with nothing but my memories and self loathing. Hesitant to duck back down into the depths, afraid for the moment if I do. I might never see her again.

Like the ravens that fly freely owning the sky and ground, she was my raven. My destined companion and other half.

Just as she came, she went. Slipping right through the cracks of my fingers, a fault that lies with me, the urges I wished to have done to her, how I wished to stretch her legs and taste the sweet nectar in between those blessed thighs. My tongue thirst for her essence, the heavenly treat I craved for all those years.

Yet I scared her away, inhumane. Predatory and sinister, my chest rumbling with growls, I'm a monster. I am the very creature she searched for but now is the monster that scared her away.

I need to touch her again, I want to feel her. Make her happy, and make her cum.

Slowly I sink to the bottom without making a splash, one moment I breathed air than the next my lungs now expands with water. A flick of my tail and I am diving deeper into the depths, further into the darkness, the anger that boils under the coat of this slimy skin was enough to erect the needles all over my body, anything within miles scatter away the closer I swam to them.

My mind on one goal now and that is get her back within my arms, whether I have to crawl on land myself, she is the one pearl, my only.

Submerged into the pitch darkness of the sea, 1,300 ft down in the depths and my chest expands, gills stretching to accommodate pressure the faster my tail slices through the thickened water, focus on solely one possibility when I was suddenly grazed. I would have missed it hadn't it been for the light above it's head to point out its location before it flicked off.

Stunned at the bravery of the fish I pause, feeling the crimson in my body leak from my arm swirling around me, I grit my teeth, blood in the water. My anger surges, now another hassle for me to deal with, All seconds now matter, each time passing is another moment without her, A time that is now going to be wasted warding off pests.

The fish hid in darkness but I can feel it watching me, I can hear its heartbeat and the heat waves it radiates as it creeps in from behind me. Contain your anger, if so much as one slip up I could cause the ocean to rise once more, I'll leave it off with a warning.

However my patience are once again prodded when the fish dashed beside me, teeth nearly grazing the top of my head. The anger is boiling within me, yet it is not off his doing, he is not the only one to have fallen victim to the poison. Oil leakage and waste has poisoned our homes spreading like the plague rotting the system in our food chain, not only has it left us with wreckage but has now left many fishes to roam without a second thought or fear for their lives.