(8) The sentence.

Ibrahim Shalako

The Royal doors to the palace break open instantly nearly blinding me with the beams of the chandelier inside. A few guards passing by in a haste before they all look to my direction, the room suddenly fall silent as each of them follow the last, and with a fraction of a second all eyes were on me before they roared with cheer.

"Welcome home your highness" They say in sync, the baritone voices rumbled the ground, bubbling up the surroundings as they bowed.

"Rise, all of you" I watch them all comply, moving foreword inside as they align their backs to my presence. Eyeing all of their attires and stoic expressions before one guard on the far right caught my eye, all guards wear the skin of the serpents from our old battles, they should always be scaly and gray with scars that carve the Royal name.

The guarde is the only one with the vest of tentacles, The kraken is a friend of mine and wearing that would tarnish our allied pact. "You, step forth."

In a haste he is before me with the flick of his tail, daring not to look into my eyes, "Yes sire."

"What you have on is a disgrace" my voice darkens rumbling his stance.

"Apologies your majesty I -"

"Would you take responsibility had the Kraken awaken?"

"No sire." He shook his head feverently, I can hear the racing of his heart soaring within, I receded my anger. Judging from his demeanor, it would seem this was not intentional.

"Forgive me your highness, your aunt has told me this is my new attire and that I am to wear it everyday."

Just at the mention of my aunt, the needles erect again. That should have been my first guess, guards don't have the willpower to wear anything but my mother's signature armor. His innocence is proven, "At ease." I command, rapidly swimming towards the main dining hall.

Two guards before me bow, uncrossing their swords. Not long after sounds of argument echo on the other side. "It has always been like this your highness, never a moment where their voices do not rage against everyone." The little crab whispers.

My patience threading on the thin line, "Open the doors" the tone of my voice shook their bones, not even letting seconds go by doing what I command.

The needles erected on the back of my aunt as she scorned one of maids, my ears cringe to the sound of her raspy aged voice bouncing off the walls.

"Make a proper meal next time or I will -"

"Will what?"

She shook from the sound of my voice behind her, the remaining threat cutting off from her tongue, Distastefully she eyes me as I glide up to her glancing down, "Mind who you talk to Guard" she seethes, curling her lips back.

"You speak to the Prince Malady, show respect." The crab at my side speaks, bowing his head as she glanced to him before glancing back up at me.

Deeply she stares into my eyes, simultaneously looking at my physique. "Ibrahim?" Softening her tone, slowly rounding around me. "Is that really you?"

"Hello aunt. It has been a while"

Once again the bass of my voice shakes another to the core, it fully dawned on her then and her expression widens. "Oh my!" She laughs nervously, "You have ... grown."

Lustfully her eyes rake at my body, "You certainly, changed over the course of the years. That little boy I saw long ago has ..."

Once again I looked down to her eyes, daring her to say it out loud.