(5) Dig up.

"This button means to power on," I giggled to him. Intently he studies the object bringing it directly to his face, shivering discreetly watching his forked tongue slither from his mouth.

After so long his inhumane features still brought me slight fear and constantly put me in alert. Like a baby he feels the object with his tongue as I giggled beside him before studying his side features.

Forever amazed. A predator that lurks in the depths of the sea and yet here he is with me side by side, the rock where we first met. Years have passed and our younger selves grew, my hair longer with a voluptuous womanly physique, facial features have changed to a mature image, lips thicker with fox eyes.

Though getting to this stage was a non prettier hassle, puberty for him seems to be different, maybe because of the richness of the ocean and it's beneficial seaweed and hidden minerals.

He Just kept getting more and more beautiful and everyday it got more and more difficult to stop my racing heart. Skin just as pale, yet his silky strands grew longer down to his waist, large firm biceps with a very toned torso. I swallow to the sudden flick of his tail, snapping myself out of such a crazy thought.

It would never work, it won't work. His kind did us wrong, leaving destruction and mountains of lifeless corpses, and they have taken my father.

Befriending or falling in love with him is out of question. I have my own mission now And must see it through.

My bones shook violently than, fear surged through my veins at lightning speed. The safely tucked in needles of his spine suddenly stood with the jerk of his tail. From What I have documented of my knowledge of him, it means he is on alert.

"What's wrong? What is it?" I frantically glance around into the bushes for signs of lingering eyes, before glancing back at him. I couldn't help a laugh that broke out of me.

To many seeing such a thing would be weirded out, yet to me it was somehow the cutest thing. "Here, just a push it out with your tongue."

The shape of the phone stretched the side of his mouth while he cocked his head to the side in confusion.

"See, tongue ... push" I demonstrate by pushing out my tongue and swiftly he follows suit cuffing his webbed fingers together to catch the object.

Bathed in saliva he turned to me remorsefully before stretching his lips to a sly smile; razor canines sit in a perfect row and I gulped, those teeth alone are weapons.

One could fight the claws and somehow break free of his strength but once in his jaws, it's game over.

"Uh - it's ok. I'll get a new one. This is a phone," I click on the power button to present, slightly unease but forcing myself to relax,  I could never tell where he is Looking, no pupils to indicate, unblinking pitch black orbs. Leisurely He started to lean his face closer to me and I panicked looking away, using the setting hour of the Sun to end the session. "Uh, I think it's time to go."

His ear twitched from the corner of my eye, as if comprehending my statement I hear a purr rumbling softly in his chest.

"G-go?"

My mouth nearly tore in astonishment, a Heat surging in my veins. Head whipped to him in a flash, "You spoke?" 

The thumping of my heart drumming in the deepest parts of my ears, interrupting the silence and possibility of hearing it again. Rich, Velvet and deep, but an alienated chord.

The fish could speak? And with an alluringly deep tone.

Never have I ever heard a tone like this before. I can only pray to hear it again, A sudden rustle in the trees and bushes behind him interrupted my wonderment, Someone was coming. Before I could warn him a quick flick of his mighty tale and he dives into the depths disappearing under.