(10) Transformation.

Ibrahim Shalako

My dream realm is disoriented by the sound of instrumental wood colliding together, a tiny heat energy fans my face as the water warms. The pain in my body is like a bite of a shark, wounds soon to be infected hadn't it been for Dionysius rampantly cleaning my open gashes.

Once again I peel my eyes open to pitch darkens, counting the bubbles that kiss my face, in attempt to stay alive.

"This one will pinch like a crab sire". His claws come together as he inserts the thin teeth from a fang tooth fish, pulling my flesh together with the thin string of the fishing net. The shadows in the pitch black move like the sea serpents, blending in on every corner.

No sound of life within or out of the walls. Thankfully Thin bars were built into the dungeon allowing fresh water, not much use considering those dungeon was built by Neptune himself, buried so deep under water, guarded by the Colossus squid, only a fool would even consider this as a scavenger, but it symbolized how low one stooped to be here.

Free time is what I am granted until my sentence, the chains still bound me and the weight of my nearly broken body. I lay flatly on the ground, cheek against the stoned skin of fallen whales running over the scenario consistently for the rest of my spare time.

"What have you discovered Dionysius" The little crab shakes slightly from the sudden baritone of my voice accidentally pulling the thread too harshly, the water trapped inside vibrates to my echo in the walls.

"My sincere apologies your majesty" he uses his tiny claws to soothe the new ache.

Deeply I chuckle before coughing out painfully, tasting the iron escaping my lungs. "There is no harm you can ever do to me, especially in this circumstance."

I feel him bow, both guys eyes lower before he returned to mending the wound, "Your hunch was correct sire" He whispers faintly. Suddenly a light grows faint in the distance as a couple of guards pass by. "The walls have ears Your majesty, if the task isn't too much, hear it, without my words."

Understanding his statement, "Very well, excellent idea."

Flaring my gills instantly wincing to the burning feel, attention focusing solely on Dionysius's mind. The rattling in my brain disrupts at first but clears in time.

"You are correct Master, the initials we saw are the same initials that were on those ships that day."

Just as I thought, The spines on my back instantly erects, anger surging through my veins. It was a plot, a lure and a sham, Guthrie lives up to his name. From the beginning he intentionally meant to get me, to taunt me by bringing us up to the highest surface where no one would witness anything but my rage.

Like the fool I was, I meandered right into it, a lost fish in a territory of wolf fishes. Everyone's words against mine.

"How bewildering." I chuckled, "just when I needed to focus on a goal, here I am with my life on the line." My chuckles reverberated beyond the walls, nothing to blame but my naiveness.

"So the Prince has become the prisoner." I don't flinch from the raspy voice behind me in the corner of the darkness. "What a turn of events." He chuckles before wheezing a breath.

"Need I remind you of your crimes prisoner?"

"Ignore him Dionysius, I will not deepen any lower than I already am." I groaned to the electric kick in back.