(12). The man on the beach.

"Touchdown!" The television speaks.

On cue the men aligned at the bar roar at the television to the player on the screen drowning out the narrators voice, the cheers boom into the little pub shaking the glass of the windows. My uncomfortability peeking its ugly head when the splashes of their beer fly around almost landing on my hair.

"I'm surprised you're out here in a place like this?" I glance up to look at Arjun's smug expression, a sly smirk of his smile as he holds in a laugh.

Discreetly I shift, incapable of holding his innocent glare. "I can't take you out?" I lazily chuckle.

"Never in a place like this" He retorts jokingly raising a brow. "If anything I didn't take you to be one for outdoors if not staring out into the ocean." The light treading of his words narrows, metaphorically nudging at me for a truth.

Once again I shift to avoid his deep stare, the glimmer in his soft innocent orbs would make me fold and spill the reason as to the random trip. My hands tremble reaching out to him, "Arjun, just let me treat you" I smile wrapping my soft hands with his. "You were right I need to be out more so why not here?"

"Why here? A park would have been just fine?"

"For the men?"

"Mehhh, they all left when -" he seized me up. "You know who kept messing with you know what and they don't want to die?"

Rolling my eyes, "Oh please, I'm sure not all of them are gone." I let my eyes roam to the bar where th men lingered, a variety of them all grouped in a bunch rambling about one thing. "How about that Lumberjack?" Using my head to point over to the large man with ginger hair, arts of tattoos run across his chest through the thin white t shirt down to his arms.

"If I want my back blown than yes, I'll look out for him." His disinterest genuine with boorish eyes,  it never dawned on me I didn't know his type, or anything for that matter except for the fact that he is my family and I'd go to the ends of the earth if he ever needed me.

"What is your type than?"

For the first time he smiles at me, adjusting his body, a new glimmer glossing his eyes as he looked beyond. "I don't know really but I do know I would want him loyal, smart and sexy."

"That can be anyone?" I question, "Just give that person a chance" I beckoned with a shrug.

"It's different than just giving any random people a chance Monica, first there needs to be a connection, like for instance -" We jump at another roar at the bar.

"Jeez, but anyways, say you're swiping on an online dating app." He rolls his eyes sluggin his shoulder when I furrowed my brows, it hit me than just how non-social have been and how deep my obsession ran. 

"So it's an app you download to look for men," Like teaching an elementary child how to read, Arjun sounds out every word with detail until it dawns into my cranium.

The very fact that he just explained to me about an entire app that lets other people seek out each other reddened my cheeks with embarrassment.

"Uh wow" I speak out through my humiliation, fluttering my eyelids.

"Hadn't you been searching for fish dick, ya probably could have been an expert." He taunts, taken back by the comment I playfully slap his arm at the comment, what was he trying to say by that? he dodges it giggling hysterically shifting his body, accidentally my eyes move from behind him meeting a gaze of a woman.

Perhaps it was the game that stole everyones attention that blanketed her presence, Sat at the end curve of the bar, a young women perched up on a bar stool resting her slender arms in the counter, glossy strands of her brown hair descends down her back to the small of her waist, in an orange tank - top with dark blue denim jeans.