23

"Go away!" I groaned, turning from the sound and sighed happily when the annoying beep stopped.

It was surely less than a minute later when the same annoying blare sounded again and I was sure to lose my fucking mind if it didn't stop.

My head turned to the sound, and I angrily pushed my hair out my face to see what the cause was. Another groan sounded from me as I gripped the strands on my head and realized I fell asleep with no bonnet on again.

"Fuck my life, honestly." The sound was coming from the nightstand and when I saw that it was my phone my anger dissipated.

I grabbed the device, seeing all the notifications from Jazmine, a few from my mom and dad, and a shit-ton from Antony who was the reason it was currently going off. You'd think 9am would be a bit early to blow someone up.

To give myself time to prepare to read all the messages, I decided to get up and get dressed. It was a bit chilly out and I decided some flat boots over my jeans with a leather jacket would do the trick to fight the fall weather. My outfit choice was also a product of the clothes I was able to find since everything was still packed in boxes.

Once I finished brushing my teeth and pulled my hair into a messy ponytail, I finally went out to try and find Niccolò. The house was empty, with not even the patter of Zuko's paws telling me that I was alone.

"Seriously..." it was bizarre that the man thought it was okay to leave me alone in his house.

Instead of dwelling too much, I instead went through my messages.

Jaz: You owe me big time, you slut! They almost put out an APB on you.
Jaz: I need details as payment btw. How's la familia treating you? LOL!

I only shook my head at her messages but I knew Jaz had my back. She'd get all the details she wanted.

Ant: Babe, where the hell are you?
Ant: I'm seriously worried, Jaz says you're fine but I haven't heard from you.
Ant: I went to your place and it was empty? Call me please I'm worried.
Ant: I'm sorry.

Antony's last message confused me. What need did he have to apologize. I sighed thinking he probably thought he did something wrong and forced myself to push away the guilt.

Ma: Please use protection darling, the wedding hasn't happened yet so let's save the babies for later. It'd be nice to see your face at home by the way, love you.

Yup, that'll do it.

The last message from my mom was all I needed to drop my phone. I replied to Jazmine telling her thanks for covering for me although I had no clue what she told everyone.

Looking around the living room, I decided there was no way I was planting my ass on that couch another day. I wasn't in pain and it wasn't as if I suffered some major accident. It was a minor traumatic experience at max.

With that thought in head, I called myself a driver and grabbed my bag. When my car arrived and I climbed in, I wasn't surprised at the car following us through Niccolò's gates.

_________

Antony was stuck to my side from the minute I walked through his door.

"And you don't know what happened to them?" He was pouring me orange juice seeing as he agreed to eat breakfast with me.

I chewed the rest of the crepe I had in my mouth, "nope. Don't really care to find out either." My story was pretty vague as I was relaying the events to Antony. There was no way I was going into details about what happened with Niccolò. It just felt wrong to do. A part of me also wanted to keep the information a secret with how the man was pestering me for answers.