9

The ride to the airport lasted roughly an hour with the weird late night city traffic. I'd spent majority of the ride on my phone playing Phase 10. When Eloy finally pulled the car to a stop, I realized that he'd driven us to a private area and we were on the ramp in front of a private jet. I waited with Eloy's signal, for him to come around and open my door.

"Thank you." I smiled at him as I stepped out the car and he started leading me to the steps leading into the aircraft.

"Enjoy the flight, Ms. Allen." With a final nod, he moved back to unload my luggage while I made my way into the sleek jet.

Its too late to back out now.

Unsurprisingly, my eyes found Niccolò's the moment I was inside. His broad chest was covered by an infamous black button down with slacks to match. He was seated with a glass of brown liquid on the table in front of him.

"Rosa, glad you could make it." He brought the glass to his lips and gestured to the seat in across from him, "sit."

Clutching my bag strap tighter, I followed his instructions and took a seat on the plush leather seat adjacent to him. His eyes took me in, roaming over my face before he shifted his gaze to take another sip from his glass. There wasn't much to look over seeing I was clad in regular black leggings and one of Antony's jackets I'd stolen back in high school.

A stewardess emerged from the front and drew a slow smile on her lips as she set her gaze on the man across from me, "will you be needing anything else, Mr. Capello?"

His eyes shifted to me at her question, "would you like a drink? Some champagne?" I nodded my head, knowing I'd need the liquid courage to survive the ride.

"A glass of champagne then, for Ms. Allen." She nods before excusing herself to get my drink and I watched her as she sashayed out the room. It was easy to see the seductive look that stayed plastered on her face as she spoke to the man and who could blame her?

"Now, let's dig into the details."

After getting my drink, I sipped on the chilled bubbly liquid as Niccolò explained the basic itinerary for the few days we'd be in Italy and I tried hard to focus on his words and not the sound of his voice. We'd gone through takeoff and the small jet was leveled in the air.

My head rested on my open palm while I watched his lips form words. It was hard to focus when his voice was so deep, and smooth and seemed to caress every crevice of my being.

"Am I boring you?" I snapped out of my thoughts and immediately shook my head at his question. How embarrassing.

I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth and didn't miss how his eyes zoned in on the action. He sat back in his seat and drummed his fingers against his armrest as he observed me.

"Did you forget the only reason I'm here?" There was no way I was letting on that I'd gotten distracted from the sound of his voice.

His eyes assessed me slowly as if contemplating the words he wanted to say to me. "Well let me sum it up. You're by my side - all night. None of that wandering shit you seem to like to do."

My lips pursed as I slid back in my chair. He was speaking as if I were a child who needed to be scolded. The stewardess returned in the same moment and placed the glass of champagne in my hand. "thank you. I'll need another one."

She said nothing else to me, she only turned her attention to Niccolò, crossing her arms across her front to emphasize her boobs. "anything else I can do for you Mr. Capello?"

Niccolò's reaction seemed to be the opposite of what the woman was expecting. It seemed obvious that she was expecting something that had happened once before but the man seemed nothing but annoyed.

"Leave, Lisette." The sultry smile fell from her face before she quickly scurried away. Asshole. Not that throwing herself at him was okay, especially because she seemed to disregard my entire existence. But still, the feminist in me was screaming asshole!

"Don't fuck them if you're going to be annoyed later." After taking a sip from my glass, I finally voiced my thoughts.

His brows raised as if surprised I said the words to him. I could see the faint tilt of his lips over the rim of his glass as he tilted his head back and drained the remaining auburn liquid. He ran the tip of his tongue over his top lip while he carefully placed his glass against the table. "Who said anything about fucking?"

The small quirk of his lips shouldn't have caused my belly to tighten as my mind conjured up every dirty thing he could've possibly done with the woman that didn't involve them fucking. Seeing the man in front of me, I knew there were probably too many possibilities. He removed his hand from the rim of the glass and my stupid eyes followed as it dropped in his lap. Immediately I tore my eyes away not wanting to seem as if I were staring at his crotch.

"There's many different ways to please a woman other than fucking her." His gaze met mine and the air between us shifted. The air was heavy with something forbidden as those colorful eyes locked on mine. How his eyes roamed over me as he brought a finger to rub at his lips made the space between my legs throb. "Sometimes you have to make them earn a good fuck." Conceited asshole.

"You're an asshole." It was all I could say to distract myself from the weird mood that had set in place. I tipped my head back to finish my drink just as the woman returned with my second glass, while the infuriating man only sat across from me with a smirk on his pouty lips.

Without being asked, she saw the empty glass in front of Niccolò and refilled it before she left again. Niccolò stared at me for a beat longer before he pulled a small laptop from the floor beside him and he rolled his eyes as he started whatever he was doing.

He glanced up at me once more, "you're free to go watch a movie or something. I have an important call to take." With that I heard the weird chime of a call before he was clicking at the screen and started talking in a foreign language. Was that Russian?

Instead of dwelling, I decided to take up his offer and moved to the reclining couch seated on the other side of the jet in front of a TV. I got comfy in my seat, after finding a blanket tucked to the side and started scrolling through the movie options.

Taken

The Notebook

Magic Mike XXL

A Bug's Life

About Time

A Quiet Place

My fingers hovered over the last selection. I was a sucker for horror. Scared the living shit out of me, but I loved it. I clicked play.

The movie started and hearing Niccolò's baritone voice switch to his mother tongue had me turning my head to gaze at him. His legs were spread with an elbow rested on the table and he was rubbing through his stubble with his fingers.

I took a deep breath and moved back to the show. It was still a bit unbelievable that I was actually flying across the world with a man I'd known for a week. But it wasn't for him. In a way I was using him to get to someone I'd set my eyes on for years.

I guess it was fair since he was using me too. There was a reason he needed someone to show up with him and I'd surely find out why.

 There was a reason he needed someone to show up with him and I'd surely find out why

thanks for reading <3 - AJ