20

My days were blissful, filled with secret trips and forbidden kisses. Though my happiness was being fueled by the wrong man and his four-legged furball, I couldn't help but enjoy the happiness nonetheless.

I'd spent more time with the man than I did at my own place but somehow I couldn't find it in me to care. I wanted to enjoy every moment before the time would come when I'd be forced to part ways with Niccolò.

Nico: I want to hear your voice.

Quinn: I'm in class, for the hundredth time. Please stop antagonizing me.

Nico: Call me when you leave. I want to see you tonight.

Quinn: I need to study for my finals.

Nico: Do it at my place.

I shook my head, not replying because there was just no winning with the man. It had been like for a while and secretly, I enjoyed it, so I never objected. While everyone thought I was holed up studying, I'd been at his place.

I forced myself to listen to the rest of my lecture, jotting notes with the stupidest grin across my face. When my last class ended and it was finally time to leave, I was all too happy to skip out to the school entrance, but my happiness faded slightly at the sight of the familiar black SUV.

The window rolled down and Antony's familiar eyes met mine, "Quinn, let me drop you off."

It wasn't that I was avoiding him, but I wasn't too keen on talking to him with all my guilt swirling inside me. I pushed the thoughts away and climbed into the vehicle trying my best to act natural.

The car smelled of him and the familiarity put me at ease.

"Have you thought about my proposal?"

I swallowed and looked at him with a brow arched, "right to it, huh?"

He swallowed and pulled at the tie around his neck, "why waste time? I'd just rather it be this than..." he trailed off before sighing, "I'm just trying to see where your head's at." He gave a forced smile and it made me scowl.

"You're acting weird." My phone buzzing caught my attention but I ignored the message after seeing who it was from. "Been acting weird. Is it my parents? Or your dad?"

"I'm just asked a question. Nothing weird about it. No one knows I've asked you." His fingers tapping against his thigh told a different story but I decided not to comment on it. He was definitely lying.

I hummed, "I guess. To answer your question though, I haven't really had the time. Finals are coming up and you know how I get." It was an easy lie to believe because I did tend to get study crazy before exams, it was just habit - even when I was confident in the material.

He sighed, "yeah, I know." He was quiet for a while before sighing again, "where you headed?"

"My apartment. Got a few jobs to finish up."

He directed his driver and the rest of the ride was filled with silence with his occasional question about how my business was going. He was acting weird, but seeing what the conversation was based around, I couldn't blame him so I didn't push it, only answering what was needed.

I grabbed my bag when we got to my place, thanking him for the ride as I opened my door.

"Quinn-" I looked back at him, but he only smiled weakly shaking his head, "never mind. I'll see you later?"

"Yeah, see you." I closed the door after sending him a smile but it fell from my face as he drove off. He was definitely acting weird, I just couldn't figure out why.