Mom (Quicketh+fam)

"Can you help me with my homework, Mom?"

-

"Quinn."

Quinn looked at Puck.

"I asked if you wanna come to bed." Puck told Quinn. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Quinn shook her head. "I'll be right up."

Puck sat down on the couch.

"What are you doing?" Quinn wondered.

"Waiting for you." Puck answered.

"I thought you were going to bed." Quinn said.

"Not without you." Puck shook his head. "Besides, I can't sleep when something's keeping you up."

"When Beth was born, I wanted her to stay little forever." Quinn told Puck. "Then when you were away, there were some nights I prayed she'd grow up fast because it was just so hard. Over the years, I've always tried to cherish every second with her and every milestone and moment of her life."

"And you have." Puck assured Quinn. "We both have."

"Beth called me mom today." Quinn replied. "I know it's stupid, but it's the first time she didn't call me mommy."

"Beth growing up just means we're doing our job." Puck stated. "And you've been doing such a good one. She's a good kid."

"She's growing up so fast." Quinn stated.

"She is." Puck agreed. "But we'll get to experience this all over again with the baby, and Beth's the first one so it's hitting you hard, but, you know, we'll get to experience more stuff with her as she gets older."

"That's true." Quinn nodded.

"And whether she calls you mommy or mom, that kid will always love you." Puck added. "You know that."

"Even though she's a daddy's girl?" Quinn teased.

"Even though she's a daddy's girl." Puck confirmed.

Quinn smiled at Puck. "Thank you."