"How long lab was closed?" Laksh asked seeing the lab closed. But guard did not reply. He was drunk badly or somebody deliberately made him drunk.

Sanskar looked at the lab closed. His gaze suddenly fell on decontamination vent. The functioning light was on. And the light just below the carbon monoxide gas was on.

Sanskar shuddered. And so did Laksh. What if Swara was inside!

"Bhai! Calm down!" Laksh said looking at the state of Sanskar. Other hospital staff came running there too.

"Sir! But we rarely use CO for decontamination. And today was not even the day of decontamination." The expert of department said.

Sanskar did not say anything. He was praying for the safety of Swara. He knew what CO could do to a person.

Efforts of breaking the door went futile. It took 10 minutes to get the keys of the door.

There was complete darkness inside. And the atmosphere was so suffocating that even he felt a little dizzy as he stepped inside. The others rushed inside too. Opening the windows, and switching on the lights, the scene inside was not less than a nightmare to Sanskar.

Swara was lying on the floor with her eyes closed. The broken pieces of glass scattered around her. Her forehead had a little cut from the glass piece and an axe was lying just near her. The window just above was broken a bit.

Sanskar immediately rushed towards Swara. He patted her face first gently. But she did not open her eyes.

Sanskar never knew he could've felt so anxiety ever in his life. Even after calling her name repeatedly, she was not opening her eyes.

"Sanskar! Let the doctors do their work na!" Laksh said as he saw a senior doctor coming.

After half an hour, Sanskar was sitting with his face in his palms. Doctor was checking Swara inside. He did not want to stay away from her in this condition but he had to.

Laksh came and sat near him. Though Ram and Durga Prasad had already reached there, Laksh knew it was only him who could calm down Sanskar.

"She will be fine!" Laksh said, "Don't worry!"

Sanskar nodded.

"Swara knew what was happening! So she broke the glass. She is braver and smarter than we think!" Laksh again tried to cheer up Sanskar.

"But who wants to take revenge from her! And that too so badly." Sanskar said.

Laksh was about to say something but Doctor's arrival made him forget that.

"She is doing fine now. It was all due to her presence of mind that she broke the glass of window. Otherwise whoever did this, was completely hell bent on taking her life!"

"Can we meet her?" Durga Prasad asked.

"Yes sure! In fact you can take her back home too. Just some basic care and she will be fine!"

Sanskar felt a great relief hearing his words. He wanted to see her immediately. He wanted to hold her hand immediately. And wanted to catch the culprit immediately too.

Laksh patted his shoulder again. Sanskar couldn't help but held his hand lightly and let a tear fall from his eyes which he kept hidden till now.

"Let's meet her once! Then we will drive her to home!" Laksh said. He did not say anything about the tears as he knew words would be insufficient to console his brother right now.

When Sanskar entered, Ram and Durga Prasad were already there with another officer recording her statement. Swara's voice had become feeble. Her face and eyes were pale too.

"Thank you so much ma'am!" Officer said and left the place.

"Swara!" Laksh came near her and sat, "I don't think you are liking this room much! Hai na!"

Swara smiled.

"Your sister will eat me up if I delay your arrival to home." Laksh again said. Even in this condition, he knew how to lighten up the heaviness.

Swara's gaze fell over Sanskar who was still standing in a corner. Laksh too sensed her and his brother's emotions.

"Sanskar! You be with her here. Let me look at the formalities." Laksh said alomst pushing him towards Swara.

As if the elders were understanding too, with Laksh, they too moved out of the room leaving the two shy love stricken sweethearts alone.

Sanskar sat near Swara whose eyes were on the verge of closing again. He did not know what to say! But he just wanted to be near to her.

"Sanskar!" Swara said, "I am fine!"

Sanskar nodded. He gently caressed her hair and placed his palm on her eyes.

"We will talk about everything later. You need rest!"

As Swara closed her eyes, Sanskar did not know when, his fingers intermingled with hers.