Chapter 14

Ragini was in a state of shock when she heard about Swara's Manali adventure. She was feeling sad, dejected, angry and pitiful on both Swara and Sanskar. She looked at Swara who was smiling sheepishly and winked when Ragini looked at her.

"What's the reason? Have you asked him?" Ragini said and held her head sitting on the bed.

Swara sighed.

"He did not reveal. But there was so much pain in his eyes. I don't know why but I feel as if he has gone through something so bad which he doesn't want to discuss!" Swara said and went into deep thought.

Ragini sighed too. The jolly smile of Sanskar and the pain in his eyes were two contrasting things in the face of the same person simultaneously.

Sanskar, on the other hand, had started to smile more frequently now. But he did not know about the black cloud that was lurking over him.

More than 15 days passed. Both Swara and Sanskar got themselves busy in their works. But whenever the memories of those days resurfaced, a smile curved on their lips.

It was evening. Sanskar had to meet some of his secret tip. He was waiting for him in a bar with a mocktail in his hand. After the meeting, as Sanskar was about to leave, an unknown girl came near him.

"What happened?" Sanskar asked.

"May I offer you a drink, handsome?" She asked seductively.

Sanskar denied with a smile. He finished the rest of the drink and was about to leave again when she again pulled him, "At least one dance?"

"I am in love with someone else!" He replied and started to move out.

As he sat in his car, he saw the same woman in front of him.

"Can't you listen? I am not interested in you?" Sanskar said, this time a little louder.

But he felt as if his vision was getting blurry. His eyes felt heavy and then, all blank.

Swara was sleeping in her room, trying to snatch blanket from Ragini in her sleep when Laksh's call woke her up.

"Ragini! Is your phone switched off?" Swara said in a groggy voice.

"Why?"

"Your boyfriend is calling me this late!" Swara said and picked up the call. But what she heard, immediately took all her sleep away.

"What happened jiju?" She asked.

"Swara! Swara.... Sanskar has been arrested for attempt to rape charges!"

"What?" Swara immediately stoop up from the bed. Ragini too got alert.

"Just.... Just reach the forensic lab immediately! Please!" Laksh said and cancelled the call immediately.

Swara felt as if she had been thrown in ice cold water by someone. Rape and Sanskar, never ever! He was being framed falsely.

Swara thought of waking up Shekhar. But he was already awake. He got the news before her, from the media.

Protector or predator

Famous IPS officer, Sanskar Maheshwari got arrested for attempt to rape charges on a 19 year old girl.

And in the video, Sanskar was being seen with his hands handcuffed. He was trying to hide his face.

Swara felt thousand hot white knives piercing her heart looking at the video. Along with Sanskar, his whole family's name got tarnished.

"Papa! I ..... I need to go to forensics!" Swara said.

"I will also join you beta!"

Within 15 minutes, Swara Shekhar and Ragini were standing out of the lab. Jagram was opening the lab with trembling hands. Swara looked at Laksh who was standing in a corner, distraught. Swara signed Ragini. She went near him. In another corner, Durga Prasad was standing too, keeping his face burried in his hand. Shekhar was standing near him but he knew, no amount of consolation would be able to make him feel better.