Chapter 18, rooftops

A/n: Hey guys! First of all i hope that you all have had a nice Christmas (if you celebrate)! Secondly, you'll see ♒︎ from now on if i want to do a time skip, just so you know! And lastly i want to apologise once again for the late update. Now go on and read the chapter, i hope you enjoy! Love, Rose

(Your POV) monday, the 5th of December

I'm walking downstairs, just a bit earlier than usual. When I get downstairs I start by turning on some lights. Then my task for this morning is finding a shoe from both Nick and Sarah. Nick's shoes are easy to find, he didn't set them away. But I can't find Sarah her shoes. Of course then I remember they're below the coat rack. From each i grab one shoe and place them by the heater. I would've put them by the fireplace, but they don't have one. Then I grab two small, wrapped gifts out of my backpack and place them in my shoe. And of course when I did that I just started with setting the table and such.

''Oh? Good morning dear. You're up early.'' Sarah smiles at me as she walks in. ''How have you slept?'' I ask her. ''Good, you?'' ''Good'' I smiled. ''Morning'' Nick says, yawning, as he closes the door behind him. ''Hello'' i answer. ''Morning Nicky, did you sleep well?'' Sarah asks with a cup of coffee in her hands. ''Yeah, I have. And you?''

''Has anyone seen my other shoe?'' Nick asks, with one shoe in his hand. ''Yeah, by the heater.'' I answer. He looks at the heater by the couch and looks back at me. ''Did you place it there?'' he asks. I nod. He looks at me confused and grabs his boot, and realises that there's a gift laying in it. He grabs Sarah's shoe as well and gives it to her. ''Okay, second question. Why is there something in our shoes?'' Nick asks with a smile. ''Because it's Sinterklaas.'' I answer. Nick smiles and Sarah simply says, ''Oh you shouldn't have.'' before they both open the gift. For Nick I got socks with rugby balls on them. And for Sarah I got a candle. Sarah gets up and gives me a big hug, ''Thank you! I really like the colour of the candle.'' She says before giving a kiss to the top of my head and walking to the couch to place the new candle. ''Thanks Y/n/n'' Nick smiles. ''No worries!'' I say, before whispering, ''I also chose them because you like balls.'' I smile sheepishly at him. He flips me off and tries to hide his smile. ''Oh, before i forget, if you see Charlie today, give him this for me.'' I hand Nick another small gift. ''Are these also socks with rugby balls on them?'' He asks me. ''Who knows?'' I smile before grabbing the rest of my school stuff.

♒︎♒︎♒︎

''Elle! Wait!'' I shout at her as I see her walking through the school gate. ''Bye Nick!'' I wave behind me before walking to Elle. ''Hey Y/n/n!'' She smiles. ''Hey! How was your weekend?'' I ask her. ''It was fine. I watched a movie with Tao and went shopping with my mum. And yours?'' She asks me. ''What movie did you see? Mine was good by the way.'' I smile. ''It was a Danish movie, i don't think you've heard of it.'' she shrugs. ''I haven't, no. Definitely not a Danish one... Anyways, i'll see you at break, good luck!'' I smile, ''You too!'' She waves as we part ways.

I walk to my formclass and I see that Tori isn't here yet. ''Morning sir!'' I greet Mr. Farouk brightly. ''Morning Y/n'' he answers, not as brightly. I set my bag down and sit down in my chair. But when the bell rings and Mr. Farouk starts his class and Tori still isn't here yet, I start having the idea that she's not coming to school. ''Morning everyone'' Mr. Farouk starts, before he starts doing the attendance. I grab my phone out of my pocket and text Tori.

Y/n: Hey! Are you coming to school today?

''Y/n?'' Mr. Farouk calls. ''Present'' i answer.

I was bored all the way through form. And i had maths next, although i sat next to Tao, i still was bored and tired. Thankfully lunch came and I had some free time with the girls.

Tori: Sorry just woke up

Tori: I'm not coming, i'm sick.

I furrow my eyebrows, just a little bit. I don't know why, but it annoys me that she's sick. But annoy is not the right word. I feel bad for her, just to know that she isn't feeling well, you know what i mean?