Chapter 16, the rest of the match

(Charlie's POV) It's still saturday, the 25th of november

I'm looking over at Tori, and I wouldn't have thought in a million years that I would see her this normal, you know... happy, on a cold November day at school. Firstly, she's here, which doesn't really happen that often. Secondly, she is actually standing against someone, human contact and all. It's actually very nice seeing her like this. I have thought about it. And I thought that it might be weird, or unfamiliar. But I think it might be the opposite?

I get pulled out of my thoughts when I hear the whistle and my teammates start walking towards me. The first half is over. ''And, how am I doing?'' A very worn out looking Nick asks me. ''You're doing good!'' I smile at him. He really did well. He's made quite a few tackles and 3 try's already. Nick looks over his shoulder to the other side of the field, when he faces me again he has an eyebrow raised at me. ''I have never seen your sister like that. Like, in contact with another person.'' he slightly laughs. ''I know, i was just thinking about it.'' I chuckle. ''Wanna go to them?'' Nick asks me, I nod. We start walking over to them, and as soon as they spot us, they move slightly away from one another, subconsciously, I think.

''Hello gentleman'' Y/n greets us with a smile. ''Well? How do you find it this far?'' Nick asks her with a smile. ''Not bad, not bad at all. You're very good Nick.'' She gives him a thumbs up. ''But you Charlie, are you the cheerleader or...?'' she laughs slightly. ''Nah, i'm the extra.'' I shrug. ''Do you play often?'' she asks. ''More than I used to. But not much, no. And I absolutely don't mind it one bit.'' I laugh. ''My man'' Y/n high-fives me. ''And how bout you?'' I ask Tori, who is buried in her coat. ''Cold'' she mumbles. To which I and Y/n chuckle. ''No, you played well. Well done.'' she compliments. ''Thanks'' Nick smiles brightly. ''If you're cold, you could go in the school for a little bit. It's open.'' Nick points out. ''Yes please'' Tori breathes out. ''Yeah, we're starting again. We'll see you in a bit!'' Nick waves them goodbye and we make our ways back on the field. Or in my case, the side of the field.

(Your POV)

''Wanna go in the school for a bit?'' I ask a shivering Tori next to me. ''Absolutely'' she says before she starts walking. I follow her quickly and in no time we reach the very empty school. As soon as we get in, she starts jumping up and down. ''What are you doing?'' I ask her, with an amused smile. ''I'm speeding up my heating process.'' She answers with a smile. I huff a laugh and start leaning against a locker while watching Tori in amusement.

After a little while, she starts walking over to me. And comes to stand close to me. My back is against a locker, and she's only inches away from me. ''I'm still a bit cold.'' She says softly, before grabbing my coat and kissing me softly. There's no hurry, no eagerness. Just us, standing there, and enjoying each other's company. When we break away after a few seconds, i ask her ''So why did you kiss me then?'' with a soft smile glazing my lips. ''Had to heat up my face.'' she replies with a tiny blush on her face. ''Oh, in that case.'' I say before kissing her again. I like kissing her, it's fun and... well, i don't know.

''So, how has your week been?'' I ask her while we're wandering around the school. She huffs a laugh, ''I've seen you every day.'' She answers amused. ''I know, but i don't know how it has gone, you know?'' I say to her. ''Okay then. It has been boring at school. I've not been doing much at home. So overall, it was alright.'' She explains. ''Good'' i smile at her. ''Oh, Charlie said that Nick didn't take it that well last night...'' Tori says to me, carefully. ''Maybe you should talk to him a bit more.'' She adds. ''Oh, yeah, of course. I will. I did let a big news bomb fall on you all.'' I say with a chuckle. ''Yeah, but it was good you did.'' Tori smiles warmly at me.

(Tori's POV → Sorry for all the POV changes, it stops now for this chapter)

We kept walking through the school, and ended up at the gym. We see Truham's boys basketball team playing. ''Do you have to play today?'' I ask her. ''Yeah, later today.'' she answers, keeping her eyes on the court. ''What time?'' I ask her, while checking the score. 49-39 for Truham. ''Half past 4 i think?'' she answers. ''Maybe i'll come watch.'' I say. And at this she looks at me. ''Why? You don't have to.'' She asks, confused. ''I know I don't have to. But I want to.'' I answer, pushing her arm with my fist softly. She smiles brightly at me. Beautifully, if you ask me. ''I think we should go back to the field, yeah?'' She asks me. And I nod.