Chapter 5, meeting Ollie

(Your POV) Sunday, 16th of september.

I wake up with a lump in my stomach. My first thoughts are that i have to find jobs, plural. I grab my phone and search for places they need people. I come across a restaurant not to far from here. They need someone to work on Tuesday and Thursday night, perfect. I fill in my details, age, name and email. Now i have to wait to see if i get a chance. Then i go to the school page, Mr. Farouk said that there were plenty of available jobs. I look at the options and I have to say that I'm slightly disappointed by the choices. It's literally working at the library or tutoring. That library was just horrible, but i don't feel like tutoring in English if i'm honest. So library it is, only until i find a better job. Once again i fill in my details. I have to meet Mrs. Phila there monday after school. So, if i get all the jobs, my agenda is gonna be like this:

Monday: afternoon: work library

Tuesday: night: work restaurant

Wednesday: afternoon: practice

Thursday: night: work restaurant

Friday: free

Saturday: games

Sunday: free

Ah, great. Two whole free days. I get pulled out of my job search by a ding on my phone.

''How did the game go?'' It's Tori.

''Shit sorry, forgot to let you know. We won, it was great. 104-102.''

''Nice job then.'' ''You can come around 1.''

''Great, see you then!''

I drag myself out of bed, and walk downstairs in my pyjamas. ''Morning'' Nick says from the couch with a plate and toast in his hand. ''Sup'' I grab a plate and place a piece of toast on it. I walk over to the coach and let myself fall on it. ''What are we watching?'' I ask Nick, who's watching a movie, very concentrated, I have to say. ''Iron Man'' ''That's the one where the guy gets kidnapped, right?'' i ask he looks at me excited. ''You know it?!" ''Bloody hell, of course I know it. It's a marvel movie, those are good.'' i shrug. ''Y/n, thank god you're here. Charlie and most of my mates don't like Marvel, they say it's rubbish.'' i gasp ''No they do not.'' I answer with my hand on my chest. ''Uhuh, that's what i thought as well.'' he says before going back to the movie. I watch the rest of the movie with him. ''Where's your mum?'' i aks when the movie is done. ''Groceries, but she probably bumped into someone she knows and they are now swapping life stories or something.'' he explains. ''Right.''

''Do you have any plans today?'' I ask Nick. ''Yeah, I'm gonna play games with some mates from rugby. You are going to that friend i can't know anything about, right?'' ''Yes, I am. When?'' i ask him. ''Probably around 2, i'll be home for dinner tho, have to work on an essay tonight. You?'' ''I'm gone at 1, but i'm also home for dinner.'' I look at the clock and see that it's already 12:30. ''Shit, it's late.'' I stand up from the couch, and run upstairs. I shower, brush my teeth and make my way downstairs. ''Alright, I'm leaving. See ya.'' I lazily wave at nick. ''Have fun, but not too much fun.'' he says with a wink. I flip him off and walk out. I grab my bike that I took from home (Netherlands).

I enjoy my ride there. At home, there are bikes everywhere. There are more bloody bikes than people. But here, it's way less. And most bikes are more sporty, you know.

I end up in the right street and search for the right house, ah there it is. I lock my bike and ring the bell.

The door opend and there stands Tori. ''Hi.'' ''Hi.'' i reply. She opens the door further so i can walk in. ''Do you want something to drink?'' she asks me. ''Yes, please.'' we make our way to the kitchen. ''Can you grab the glasses? The good ones are in that cupboard.'' She points to a cupboard that can't be easy to acces for Tori's lenght. I open the little door and grab the glasses. ''Water?'' i ask her, she nods. She's sitting on the counter, i give her a glass and stand against the fridge that's infront of her. ''Did you score?'' she asks me, trying to make conversation. ''Oh, yeah i did. You could say i was the star player.'' i say with a dramatic flaire. ''Oh, where you? What, did you score three times?'' she laughs. ''I scored 23 times, actually. I made more then 40 points. But who's counting.'' i smile before taking a sip of my water. She looks at me with one eyebrow raised. ''No, you didn't. This was your first game, that's not possible.'' she shrugs. ''I did. And i played games before, back home.'' I laugh. ''Alright then, i believe you.'' she smiles. ''Do you miss the Netherlands?'' she asks me, did not expect that question, to be honest. ''What?'' i heard her, i simply hadn't realy thought of my answer. ''Do you miss the Netherlands? You said that you playes basketball 'back home'.'' she asks again. ''Right. I don't miss it all. I miss most not. But it was still home for 15 years.'' i look at the ground. ''So, want to watch a movie?'' she asks me. ''I do, but only if you have actual good taste in movies.'' i point at her accusingly. ''We're gonna watch Barbie princess charm school, i think i have very good taste, thank you very much.'' Tori says while jumping of the kitchen counter. I laugh, ''Oh, wow, you do have a good taste then.''