"Don't look at me; I'm just as puzzled," I raised my hand, signaling that I wasn't the one to clarify this mystery.

"Alright, storytime, folks," Arjun sighed, observing our bewildered expressions.

"I've been a vampire for almost a century now," he revealed, causing all of us to gasp in shock, a chill running down my spine.

Damn! I had been in a relationship with a vampire? I used to spend alone time with him. How naive of me.

"I know what's going on in your mind, Niya," he chuckled softly, shaking his head. "If I wanted to harm you, you'd have been turned or dead already."

"Once upon a time, I was just a regular guy like you all. My name was Anirudh Singh, and I was just trying to find my place in society," he sighed, his eyes seemingly lost in the past.

"I wanted to fit in with the high society because my parents were big shots during the British rule. One day, I came across a group of British dudes, and I wanted to be part of their circle," he shook his head in disbelief.

"I was a naive 20-year-old, eager to do anything. So these five older boys, almost three years older than me, invited me to join in a ritual, and I foolishly agreed," he continued, looking at us as we nodded for him to go on.

"They gave me some strange juice to drink and then sent me into the forest to hunt a deer. I was scared, but I didn't want to seem like a coward. So, I ventured into the woods only to find myself surrounded by monsters. Their fangs and bloodshot eyes screamed danger," he chuckled lightly, and a shiver ran down my spine.

"I was so terrified that I ended up wetting myself. But then, I did the dumbest thing. I ran. I gave them exactly what they wanted. They were the predators, and I was their prey. The 'deer' they talked about wasn't an animal, it was me. They hunted me down, drinking my blood one after the other. Eventually, I lay there on the ground, left for dead."

"And then? What happened next?" Veronica asked, her voice trembling, and he offered her a warm smile.

"I cried for help, praying for a miracle. I didn't want to die; I dreamed of living, marrying my Anju, having kids. But my foolishness led me to the worst death, alone. However, I later woke up, and those same five people welcomed me into their coven. The coven that's mine now."

"Why did you join us? What about Colonel?" Khush inquired, voicing our collective curiosity.

"Colonel is my bloodline. I had a younger brother, and even after becoming a vampire, I stayed close to my family. I joined you guys for fun, not expecting to fall in love," he glanced at me, his eyes speaking volumes.

"Then why did you do what you did?" I asked, feeling my heart break.

"Because that day, I found my mate in that warehouse. I couldn't tell you the truth, so I chose a different path," he explained, directing his gaze toward Veronica.

I couldn't contain myself and slapped him, but he chuckled and shook his head.

"Bold move, slapping a vampire," he laughed.

"How could you? Why ruin our friendship? You could've just said you wanted to break up. But no, you took the hard way and destroyed everything," I yelled, wanting to hit him again, yet Khush held me back.

"Stop it! Do you want to get yourself killed? Stay put," Khush warned in a hushed tone.

"Easy there, lioness. No wonder Cedric is having a tough time," Arjun laughed.

"Yeah? Screw you and him," I spat at him.

"Now that you've heard my story, can we address the elephant in the room?" Arjun looked at me, and Khush released his grip on me.