Chapter 54

NIYA'S POV:-

Pain erupted in my head, shooting through my skull like a bolt of lightning. I groaned in agony as I slowly opened my eyes to find myself lying on the ground, disoriented and confused.

The ground beneath me was cold and hard, and I could feel dirt on my face as I struggled to get up.

"At long last, you're awake," a hoarse voice said. I tried to sit up, but my head throbbed with pain, making me groan.

"Cassie?" I called out, trying to get my bearings.

I looked around and saw that not only was Cassie there, but she was chained up along with ten other girls. All of them were in discomfort due to the shackles.

"What's going on here?" I asked, rubbing the sore spot on my head.

"Rogues attacked our pack and kidnapped most of us, including Cady," Cassie said in a hushed tone.

"Why am I handcuffed? And why are you all chained up?" I asked, my heart racing with panic. No one responded, and I began to feel more and more anxious.

"Please keep it down, Niya," Cassie pleaded with me.

"Try to remember what happened to you," Cady said, her voice strained with pain.

I closed my eyes and tried to recall what had happened. "Betty held my hand, and we were following the former Luna, but then we got separated. We heard some sounds and went in that direction, but then I felt a terrible ache behind my head, like someone had hit me. Before I fell to the ground, I heard Betty shouting my name. My vision started to fade, and I gradually lost consciousness."

"They attacked our pack and even the place where you were staying?" Cady questioned, sounding incredulous.

"I think so," I replied, but my mind was racing with questions. Why would they attack our pack? And why would they come after me?

As I pondered this, I heard the cell gate open, and two men entered with injections containing yellow liquid.

Cassie and Cady struggled to move away, and I felt a sense of foreboding wash over me. What were these injections for, and why were they being given?

"What exactly is that?" I bellowed at the two men who were about to  inject my friends with an unknown substance, but they just stared back at me with a cold and indifferent expression. Cassie, with pleading eyes, begged for my help, and I knew I couldn't let her down.

Without hesitation, I sprang to my feet and attacked the man in front of me with a swift kick, causing him to stagger and lose his balance.

With an air jump, I brought my feet down hard on his face, and he crumpled to the ground. The other man snarled and lunged forward, but I met him head-on with a powerful headbutt, followed by a swift sweep of my leg that sent him crashing to the floor.

As I stood over them, I realized that these men were no match for me in combat. They were weak and untrained, so I kicked them both in the stomach and crushed the vials of yellow liquid underfoot, causing a thick cloud of noxious gas to fill the air.

"What the hell is that?" I demanded, turning to Cassie, whose face had turned red and was gasping for air.

"It's wolfsbane," she choked out, her eyes welling up with tears.