Chapter 7

NIYA'S POV:-

"This is all your fault, Niya," the girl in front of me accused. 

"You're a murderer."

I couldn't believe the accusations being thrown at me. The girl in front of me was staring at me with anger in her eyes, and I felt tears streaming down my face as I tried to defend myself. "I didn't mean for this to happen," I protested. "I never wanted this."

"Nooooooo," But as I woke up, my body drenched in sweat, I realized it was just a nightmare. I sobbed, feeling relieved that it wasn't real. I stumbled out of bed, craving some fresh air to calm my racing heart.

I glanced at the clock on my nightstand, groaning when I saw that it was only 5 am. There was no way I was going back to sleep after that. I decided to take a bath and start getting ready for the day.

The warm water felt comforting as I sank into the bathtub, trying to shake off the remnants of the nightmare. I took my time getting ready, trying to calm my racing thoughts.

Just as I was trying to collect my thoughts, my phone rang. I hesitated before answering, wondering who would be calling me so early in the morning. But when I saw Mona's name on the caller ID, my stomach dropped.

I answered the call, expecting the worst. And as expected, Mona didn't waste any time in letting me have it. "You fucking moron," she shouted, her voice piercing through the silence of the early morning.

I tried to joke around to lighten the mood. "Hey, Mona. Good morning to you too."

But Mona wasn't in the mood for jokes. "Shut the fuck up, you stupid girl," she continued, her anger palpable. 

"Do you know how worried I was about you? I told you to call me as soon as you arrived, but now you've forgotten. You know how risky it is for me to call you."

I knew she was right, and I felt guilty for not remembering to call her. "I'm sorry, hungry tigress. I forgot to call you. I was just busy doing nothing," I admitted, feeling ashamed of myself. "I know you'll ask me what I was so busy accomplishing, but I'm really sorry, and I miss you."

Mona's voice softened as she replied, "I thought something had happened to you, Niya."

Feeling even more guilty, I apologized once again. "I'm sorry, Mona. I should have told you that I'm safe."

There was a moment of silence before Mona spoke again, her tone more gentle this time.

As soon as I answered the call, Mona's excitement about hearing all about my California adventures was palpable. "So, what's new? How is California? Tell me everything," she asked eagerly.

I smiled, feeling warmed by her enthusiasm. "Where do I even begin? Okay, so listen," I launched into a detailed account of my experiences over the past two days. But as I spoke, I couldn't help but sense Mona's interest piquing more and more about Cedric, the one topic I had been dreading.

"Tell me every detail about this guy Cedric. Is he hot? And every other detail," she probed, her tone filled with mischievous excitement.

I let out a heavy sigh, knowing that there was no escaping Mona's persistent questions. "Fine, I'll give you a description of him. Yes, he's really hot," I admitted reluctantly.

Mona's playful teasing didn't relent. "So you're telling me you were eye-raping him, poor guy," she laughed.

I rolled my eyes, trying to defend myself. "Oh, please!!! I was just checking him out, and you would do the same. Wait, no, you would do something even more embarrassing," I teased her.