san ♤ frat boy (2)

Word count: ±3400

━━✫・*。

You awoke much later than usual that morning (thanks to having trouble falling asleep after your meeting with San), and it took one look at the clock for you to fly up towards the closet. You'd be burnt toast if you missed the bus to the campus grounds. You would have been able to walk there from home (which is why you didn't move out like Yeosang did), but Yeosang and his friends' frat house was much farther away.

You didn't even eat breakfast. There simply wasn't time. Hongjoong was completely and utterly confused when you ran out of the house without even greeting him.

But that was the least of your worries at that moment.

━━✫・*。

The days of the week passed by slowly; too slowly for your liking. You were still getting used to living with your brother and his seven friends, which made it a bit awkward when you were around them. You did occasionally talk to some of them (especially Seonghwa, since he was the nicest), but only briefly since you had a boatload of assignments waiting to be completed. Somehow, you were thankful for those assignments because it meant you didn't have to engage in small talk all the time just to get to know everyone better, and you didn't have to worry about your nerves for too long when alone with San or Wooyoung. In front of them, you'd only make a fool of yourself anyway – the usual whenever you conversed with hot guys.

But if you had to admit, it did become rather lonely when you were only stuck with your university work. When Friday finally came around, you were overjoyed, until you realised you probably had to spend most of it at your brother's frat house trying to be social. If you were in a better mood, and not as tired, you would've been up for it, but not today.

I could go shopping with the voucher I got for my birthday, you thought.

But am I really in the mood for the many crowded spaces at the mall?

You sighed, mentally scratching that option off your list. I guess I could treat myself to something at a nice little cafe later.

When you got home and walked into the kitchen, Seonghwa was already there, standing in front of the stove with a ladle in hand. He was stirring the contents of a metal pot. The smell was heavenly, and something magical.

"Hi Seonghwa. What's cooking?"

Seonghwa was a bit startled (probably because he had been so engrossed in his cooking), but quickly regained a calm demeanour. He smiled. "Oh, hi. It's just my grandma's famous vegetable and lamb stew."

"Your grandma's recipe is famous?" you asked, your face overtaken by awe.

Seonghwa chuckled. "Yes, it is. She's the one who inspired me to start cooking. And now I'm studying at a chef's school. Grandma is the best." There was a certain admiration in Seonghwa's eyes after he had finished speaking.

"I'm sure she's very proud of you." For a moment you imagined Seonghwa and his grandmother cooking together. The thought made you smile. "And your stew smells heavenly by the way," you said before you went up to your room to change into something more comfortable than the outfit you had picked for your classes.

You didn't notice, but Seonghwa was smiling from eye to eye and beaming with pride thanks to your compliment. If only more of his household members realised how privileged they were to eat his dishes from time to time.

At 4 p.m., you were ready to leave for your lovely solo date. Not that you had a lot of money to treat yourself with (you scraped out every penny you could find in all of your bags), but it was enough for a milkshake and a simple toasted sandwich – the delights of a poor student's life.