san ♤ frat boy (1)

Disclaimer: This short story is a work of fiction and was written for entertainment purposes only.

As a very belated "thank you" for 100k reads, please have fun reading this short story I've been working on for over a year ♡ (also, wishing everyone a very happy 2024!!)

This story will have 10 parts and a bonus chapter. Enjoy :)

Word count: ±2900

━━✫・*。

"And you expect me to live in this place with a bunch of strangers for the next two months?"

Your face contorted with disgust. You really thought your brother would've done better with his choice of a place to live after leaving school. A nice little apartment would have been ideal for his introverted self. Never had you imagined him ending up living in a frat house with a bunch of other students.

"You could always sleep out here on the curbside," Yeosang snapped back, rolling his eyes. Your bags dropped out of his hands and onto the concrete with a thud.

"What? Are you crazy?"

"No," Yeosang replied dryly, calmly searching in his pocket for something. A string of keys presented itself in his hand. "So, you can either stay here and search for an alternative place to stay, or you can come with me so I can show you to your room."

You didn't like the idea of a frat house, but there was really no other option at this stage. It wasn't like your parents were coming home from their business trip any time soon, and even though you were in your first year of university and perfectly capable of looking after yourself (in your opinion), they didn't trust you enough to let you live by yourself in their house for a whole two months.

You huffed and picked up your bags. "Am I the only girl who's living here?"

Yeosang nodded, and your heart sank right through the floor. Your stay with Yeosang was going to be harder and much more uncomfortable than you thought. Your thoughts scattered with frantic worry.

"Does my room have a key? Please tell me it does," you rambled, silently praying that you'd be able to lock yourself up at night or whenever you felt like it. Most men only want one thing, and you weren't planning on sacrificing yourself to them and their lustful desires.

"Relax, y/n. It has a key. And it's right next to my room, so I will make sure nothing bad happens to you and that no one will lay a finger on you."

Yeosang opened the front door. After you stepped inside, he closed it and walked toward a set of stairs that led to the first floor of the house. As he grabbed hold of the balustrade, he abruptly turned around, as if he had remembered something important that he forgot to mention.

"Oh, and you have your own en suite bathroom."

If Yeosang wasn't your brother, you would've run up to him and hugged him excitedly and gratefully. But since physical touch wasn't something Yeosang was particularly fond of (and since the term had always been absent from your metaphysical book of acceptable sibling behaviour), he probably would've been traumatised by a minor act of affection like that.

"Now you're talking!"

Yeosang ushered you up the stairs and down a hallway that stretched on for a good few metres. There were two doors on the right side, and two on the left. At the end of the hallway, there was another door that opened up onto a little balcony.

"Right, this is my room," Yeosang said as he pointed to the first door on the right side of the hallway. He walked past it to the second door. "And this is your room," he said as he unlocked it with a separate key he had kept in his pocket.