yunho || cupid's snowball

"Y/n, you can't live alone with Rain for the rest of your life," Jongho's voice sounded in my ear.
"I know, but a dog is a man's best friend right? Or a woman's in this case," I replied, walking up and down in my living room.
I heard Jongho laugh on the other side of the phone. "I'm just saying that it's time for you to get out and find someone."
"Yeah yeah. But it's not like someone is magically going to knock at my door or run into me in public." I rolled my eyes.
"You never know." I could hear him smirking.
"Whatever you say. But gotta go now, I'm taking Rain for a walk."

We said our goodbyes and hung up. I slid my phone into my pocket and looked over at Rain.

To get that little Husky pup's fluffy butt out of the house was an absolute challenge. He wasn't fond of going out at all. Probably because he was still scared of the big world out there. He was just a little puppy after all.

But at some point you have to get out and find your inner adventurer.

"Come on little fella, it's gonna be fun," I cooed as I picked up Rain. "The snow's not so bad." He looked at me with curious puppy eyes before snuggling up in the crook of my neck.

"I promise you'll like it," I whispered as I carried him with me to the front door. Exploring in the snow for the first time is always a memorable experience.

•••

The streets, houses, trees and lawns were all covered in a blanket of soft white snow, the first of the season.

With Rain still pressed against my body, I ventured into my favourite park. It wasn't particularly busy, which made it the ideal spot to relax and shy away from the rush of work.

"Here we are," I said while stroking little Rain's head. He leaned into my touch and licked my hand as soon as I stopped stroking him. "Spoiled pup," I chuckled.

I gently put him down on the snow-covered grass. A quivering yelp escaped his mouth and he jumped onto my feet.

"It's okay, you can do it." I pushed him off of my shoes and stepped back a few steps so that he can learn to embrace his independent self.

Rain sniffed the snow cautiously and carefully pressed his front paw down onto the snowy patch of grass. As he stepped forward with his other paw he unexpectedly sunk into the snow, his nose digging into the icy substance.

"Oh no!" Laughing, I watched him try to shake the snow off his nose, before he ultimately sneezed it off.

He seemed to enjoy himself, trotting through and rolling in the snow.

I heard two men's voices in the distance, and looked back to see snowballs flying through the air.

How nice to have someone to participate in a snowball fight with. Maybe Jongho would like a good snowball fight some time.

Suddenly Rain barked defensively before sprinting off to who knows where, leaving me a confused mess as to what scared him.

"Watch out!" a voice yelled from a few metres away.

I turned around, only to be met with a snowball smack on the cheek.

Next thing I knew, my cheek was freezing from the impact of the snowball.

"Ah, damn." I rubbed my cheek. Sweet mother of banana milk, that was a huge snowball.

A tall young guy ran up to me, concern visible on his face.
"Are you okay?" he asked in worry.
I continued to rub my cheek and jaw. "Yeah, I'm fine. Geez that was a huge snowball."
"Oh no. Are you sure you're not hurt?"
"I'm okay," I laughed. "But the snowball definitely isn't."